Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Any Experience With Hankook Tires?

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

MM-C5

Corvette
2013 Cyber Grey Grand Sport Coupe
I'm needing a new set of tires and am having difficulty finding tires for the GS in stock. Not at all interested in staying with G-Y and have been thinking Michelin...just can't locate in stock. :ugh

I found a very good review for Hankook Ventus V12 evo2. Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks!

No knowledge. Sorry!!

Mac

No knowledge. Sorry!!

Mac
Well Heck Mac! All this time and you're STILL no help! ;LOL;LOL

Hope you are doing well. :w

Well Heck Mac! All this time and you're STILL no help! ;LOL;LOL

Hope you are doing well. :w
It's a skill to remain no help for an extended period. Never underestimate how much work it is!!

I'm doing good. Thanks for asking. Yourself?

Mac

It's a skill to remain no help for an extended period. Never underestimate how much work it is!!

I'm doing good. Thanks for asking. Yourself?

Mac
Now that is funny! If you read Dilbert, you are familiar with Wally....who just happens to be the comic strip personification of a fellow named Bill, who worked for me. I can't read the strip without thinking of him...now you too! ;LOL;LOL

We are also doing well, thank you. We just got back from a 4400 mile road trip in the GS. Clearwater, FL up thru and across the UP Michigan. Going to Mackinaw Island was a Bucket List thing, but the entire trip across the UP ended up being a Bucket List Vacation.

Now it is time to re-shod the beast!

T :wM

I bought a set of Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 close outs from Tirerack for $446 delivered. Not many miles on them, but they are one heck of an improvement over the Goodyear run flats.
The car handles better, we can actually share a conversation, and they hook up in 3rd where the GYs smoked. We are both totally pleased with them.

I bought a set of Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 close outs from Tirerack for $446 delivered. Not many miles on them, but they are one heck of an improvement over the Goodyear run flats.
The car handles better, we can actually share a conversation, and they hook up in 3rd where the GYs smoked. We are both totally pleased with them.
Thank you kpic. That info tracks with other testimonials I've found. Now....if Tire Rack really has what they think they have.....:upthumbs

Glad to help.

The date code on the two oldest was 09 14 which is good. The salesmen know the date code. Also be sure the installer uses a Hunter Road Force balance machine; the machine puts 700 pounds of force on the tire. Best balance I've ever experienced.

Glad to help.

The date code on the two oldest was 09 14 which is good. The salesmen know the date code. Also be sure the installer uses a Hunter Road Force balance machine; the machine puts 700 pounds of force on the tire. Best balance I've ever experienced.
Thanks Again!;)

I have a set of Evo 2s. This is the new design. All tires were less then 45 days old. I like them.

Looks good. Thank you! :w

Now that is funny! If you read Dilbert, you are familiar with Wally....who just happens to be the comic strip personification of a fellow named Bill, who worked for me. I can't read the strip without thinking of him...now you too! ;LOL;LOL

We are also doing well, thank you. We just got back from a 4400 mile road trip in the GS. Clearwater, FL up thru and across the UP Michigan. Going to Mackinaw Island was a Bucket List thing, but the entire trip across the UP ended up being a Bucket List Vacation.

Now it is time to re-shod the beast!

T :wM
To be honest, I feel like I'm living Dilbert's life somedays. My pointy haired boss has a full mane but I have a Wally and an Alice but no Asok.

I did the UP on my Harley last summer. Very much enjoyed the trip.

Mac

Just remember that testimonials about how great new tires are compared to the old tires that were on their care always need to be taken with a grain of salt.

A new set of GY RunFlats will be much quieter and smoother riding that the old set of GY's that are on the car.
A new set of any brand of runflats will be much quieter and smoother riding that the old set of GY's that are on the car.
And a new set of non-runflats will make the differences seem even greater.

Deciding on new tires depends on how you drive your car and how thick your wallet is. Your wallet may be the controlling factor in tire selection.
If runflats are available, do you give up the ability to drive on to the next town then get your tire fixed or use a tire inflation kit or wait for AAA to get to you.

All things to consider.

I have no experience with Hankook tires.
Two of my three cars have runflats and no spare tire. The third has a spare tire and jack. They are all Michelins also. I have found the Michelins to provide the dry traction I want at times and the durability to last several years. Michelin is also one of the major sponsors of the NCM's Motorsports Park.

Tuna, quite true as no matter what the vehicle there is nothing quite like new shoes. Mine had a little under 10K on them when I bought the car. Enough wear to verify there wasn't any suspension issues and new enough I didn't need to replace them on the basis of date code issues. Initially, I blamed the harsher ride on it is a sports car; deal with it or by a luxury softie.

New or old, due to the nature of the design, run flats side walls are stiffer which affects traction and cornering. Where a conventional sidewall will flex maintaining traction; a run flat is too stiff to flex, unsprung weight increases, and ride quality is harsher.

Why I Dislike Runflat Tires
Run Flat Tires: Why You Should, or Shouldn?t, Buy Them » AutoGuide.com News

As "Monty Roberts from BMW Product and Technology communications tells us" "The safety benefits of run flat tires are so significant as to outweigh any possible trade-offs.

This one is the best as they are using the King's English; tyres, stucked and other such gems. ;)

Run Flat Tyres: The Advantages and Disadvantages of going “Flat” | Auto Advantage

She has about the same RWHP as the new blower engines; so being good and relatively inexpensive was a plus.

Last edited:
To be honest, I feel like I'm living Dilbert's life somedays. My pointy haired boss has a full mane but I have a Wally and an Alice but no Asok.

I did the UP on my Harley last summer. Very much enjoyed the trip.

Mac
Now, I'm laughing harder! I thought I was the only one! My pointy haired boss was so much like the strip, we renamed it "Bruce". We had our Alice as well and on some days we even had Asok. Funny how we see ourselves. Hell, they probably called me Ally Oop!

UP on a Harley would have been awesome! We hit St Ignas the weekend b4 their major car show, but we still got a pretty good sized cruise-in. Pictured Rocks was like being in the Grand Canyon, but on a boat. Stunning to say the least! Another thing I thought cool was some of my pictures along the Superior shoreline could easily be mistaken for shots along California's Pacific Coast Highway.

The real mind boggler tho, was their average snowfall...and last winter's snowfall. I have absolutely NO idea how anyone living above the Mason / Dixon line manages to exist! Heck, I don't even remember what it was like to scrape a windshield! :L

To the others who responded to this thread, thank you for your input. Hankooks are on the way.

Last edited:
Now, I'm laughing harder! I thought I was the only one! My pointy haired boss was so much like the strip, we renamed it "Bruce". We had our Alice as well and on some days we even had Asok. Funny how we see ourselves. Hell, they probably called me Ally Oop!

UP on a Harley would have been awesome! We hit St Ignas the weekend b4 their major car show, but we still got a pretty good sized cruise-in. Pictured Rocks was like being in the Grand Canyon, but on a boat. Stunning to say the least! Another thing I thought cool was some of my pictures along the Superior shoreline could easily be mistaken for shots along California's Pacific Coast Highway.

The real mind boggler tho, was their average snowfall...and last winter's snowfall. I have absolutely NO idea how anyone living above the Mason / Dixon line manages to exist! Heck, I don't even remember what it was like to scrape a windshield! :L

To the others who responded to this thread, thank you for your input. Hankooks are on the way.
If you get up that way again, there's a roadway worth the effort of seeking out. It was great on the Harley and I'll bet it would be nearly as good in a Vette.

Tunnel of Trees Road | Michigan Motorcycle Roads and Rides

As a Canadian, I have respect to the folks who live in the UP for their annual snow accumulations. That and their propensity for interesting names. Who knew that both Hell and Paradise are in Michigan??

Mac

If you get up that way again, there's a roadway worth the effort of seeking out. It was great on the Harley and I'll bet it would be nearly as good in a Vette.

Tunnel of Trees Road | Michigan Motorcycle Roads and Rides

As a Canadian, I have respect to the folks who live in the UP for their annual snow accumulations. That and their propensity for interesting names. Who knew that both Hell and Paradise are in Michigan??

Mac
Looks like something I was on last week in NC. http://youtu.be/nHnknd1VQqA

The name thing was Very interesting to me in that UP inhabitants refer to themselves as YOOPERS and those who live S of the Mackinac Bridge as TROLLS. Probably a function of all that snow! :ugh

Looks like something I was on last week in NC. http://youtu.be/nHnknd1VQqA

The name thing was Very interesting to me in that UP inhabitants refer to themselves as YOOPERS and those who live S of the Mackinac Bridge as TROLLS. Probably a function of all that snow! :ugh
Nice video... and, yes, it's like that... plenty of curves, changes of elevation, some areas of intensive tree coverage with interspaced openings on wonderful rural views.

Da Yoopers and da Trolls... ;LOL

Mac

Da Yoopers and da Trolls... ;LOL

Mac
Ya! Couldn't quite get the accent down. Been a Southerner too long! :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom