Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Any good recommendations on a car cover

vetteboy86

Corvette
1986 Black "Indy 500 Pace car replica"
Ideally, I would like something good for indoors and outdoors. Kind of like the best of both worlds. The cover would be used primarily in the garage, over long periods of down time (winter), but also during other times as well. I need it to be gentle on the paint, but still be able to block water, and UV rays.

Is there such a cover?

I swear I've seen some covers like this in the Ecklers catalogs. They're not cheap, around $170 from what I can remember.

But I'm curious to see the responses because I need a high quality cover as well.

Are they enclosed?

I bought a Wolf Evolution 4 in May that is great. Fits nice and tight with the mirror pockets and front and rear elastic edge. I used it during one of the earlier hurricanes which ended up being like a heavy thunderstorm and it did a great job. Hosed off the outside and let it dry ... good to go. The one thing I don't like about it is it takes up a lot of space even folded ... its like toting around a bed pillow.

Don't have much use for it right now. Send me a PM and its yours.

:w

I have used a NOAH cover. It has been excellent for indoor/outdoor. It has the built in mirror pockets. It is easy too get on and off. The only thing about it is. I had it laundered after it got wet and it shrunk. I did get it replaced under warranty. I bought it from Eckler's.

Don't waste your time with a cheap cover. The evolution 4 to me is about the best. The car is safe with this cover, it breathes....great for those very long winter naps. If the car is outside it won't stay clean though cause these covers are not water tight. A lighter cover will blow away. The 4 is light yet it holds on even in bad weather. Easy to fold.....takes about 30 seconds to put on or off once you get tuned to it. I use mine in the garage almost all the time....saves the car from anybody rubbing against it or other things that can happen in a garage. Fast on and off is the key......otherwise you might not bother.

Hey guys thaks alot. The car will be inside a garage for the winter, but dust gets on the exterior,and I run the risk of bumping into it. I would also like to have it for those occasions when the car is outside over night at an event or something.

So those covers are not water proof?? would it be possible to put a water proof cover over one of these?

I guess it would be okay for a short period of time, but the fact that these covers breathe is the reason the car's finish is not at risk of a shortened lifespan.

vetteboy86 said:
Are they enclosed?
not enclosed,but thay do sell the side extensions etc.
my driveway is mostly trees & thay do keep a lot of bird crap,leaves,falling dead branches off em
i did have a car cover on the 85 but it was a real pita taken the cover off & then haveing to wash & dry the car b4 putting it back on,lot easier just parking under the carports & not haveing to put the tops back on also

vetteboy86 said:
So those covers are not water proof?? would it be possible to put a water proof cover over one of these?
I don't think you would want a waterproof car cover, as it would tend to trap condensation inside the cover. A cover that breathes is the best.

Enclosure

I have purchased replacement canopy covers from these folks...excellent prices and service and good quality for the $ ...they offer an enclosure kit for not a lot of $. You supply the pipe. I bought the heavy weight poly covers and they are as good as others we have paid 2=3x the price for.
Papa:w

http://www.tarps.com/valance.htm

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom