Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Any Guilty Parties....Raise Your Hand.........

FX GS

Corvette
Formally Callaway SuperNatural Grand Sport #0001
CALLAWAY CORVETTE In the December 2006 issue of VETTE magazine, someone wrote in about finding a '87 BK with only 58,000 miles (on page 76). Richard Newton, in his reply stated, in regards to the Callaways, and I quote, " I suspect more of these cars are going to be destroyed from storage than from driving. Personally, I wouldn't touch a Callaway unless it's averaged at least 2,000 miles a year."

My question is, who is guilty of destroying his/her Callaway?

Destroy? ...where is the proof??

My cars are driven seldomly. Savored like the finer things in life, I take care of what I have and have no issues with the cars.

...as to the rest of the drivel, I'll bite my tounge.

Just for the record, I recently had the pleasure of driving a 1969 L89 coupe. Black w/ Sidepipes, it had ~ 06,000 original miles and was certified in everything a Corvette could be.

Car fired right up, drove without any issues - With a scant ~158 miles per year, avg., Had this car been "destroyed" :eyerole

:rotfl Sounds like Richard Newton has an opinion!! After this many years I well know what some of them are worth. :eyerole I guess I should call the junk hauler for 89#59 tomorrow. It has to be totally destroyed! 17 years old and only 11,527 miles. An to think I thought it could be saved. Best I can figure it has only been driven about 7 miles in last 9 years. :cry I sure hope to remedy that next year.

Low mileage doesn't distroy a car. Driving it only one's every 3 to 4 years does! And when you drive it, take it out for a min of 50 miles and don't warm here up idling on the driveway :)

Groeten Peter.

Believe me, I'm not agreeing at all with Mr. Newton.................I just thought I'd post what the so-called "expert" :)eyerole ) stated.

CALLAWAY CORVETTE

I happened to read Mr Newtons response in that magazine tonight. He also states that the some Callaways came with the Dymags which were rather expensive and now can cost as much as $400 a piece!! on ebay. :ugh I sure wish I could buy some for that price. ;shrug O well I guess the experts probably get the good deals! :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom