Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Any ideas?

WLS Ruby 93

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Coupe
The battery in the TPMS sensor on my left front wheel died so no signal was being received at the DIC. I ordered a new sensor pulled the wheel brought it to my local mechanic and he replaced it. Then I put the wheel back on went to program the sensors using a strong magnet.

The only sensor that will reset is the new one, I can't seem to get the other three to reset, (which were working before), have tried multiple times on different days with different strong magnets with no luck, only the new one will reset.

Also, I have tried different positions around the valve with the magnets again no luck.

I think the probabilty of the other three sensors going dead at the same time just when I replace one is really remote, but you never know.

What happened? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Keep 'em rollin'. :W

Bill :w

The battery in the TPMS sensor on my left front wheel died so no signal was being received at the DIC. I ordered a new sensor pulled the wheel brought it to my local mechanic and he replaced it. Then I put the wheel back on went to program the sensors using a strong magnet.

The only sensor that will reset is the new one, I can't seem to get the other three to reset, (which were working before), have tried multiple times on different days with different strong magnets with no luck, only the new one will reset.

Also, I have tried different positions around the valve with the magnets again no luck.

I think the probabilty of the other three sensors going dead at the same time just when I replace one is really remote, but you never know.

What happened? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Keep 'em rollin'. :W

My left front died first on my 03, then the rest followed within 6 weeks!;shrug;shrug;shrug

Sensors

GM Junkie,

I guess it's possible that the batteries in the other three were weak but the chance of them failing all at once is just too much of a coincidence.

When I get a chance I will stop in at the local Costco and have a techie try to reset them with a proper tool. If that doesn't work then I'll spring for three new sensors.

I will keep everyone posted until the situation is straightened out so that we all know what's going on.

Thanks for the reply.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom