Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Any issues with the 2002-2004s?

KingCorvette

Corvette
Any big problems or issues with your 2002-2004 C5s?
Just wondering how they are holding up.

My 2004 coupe, has had both power window motors replace befor 16,000 miles. My 1999 coupe, also had to have a power window motor replaced. My daughter's boyfroend, has problems with both power moters in his 2003 Z06.

Only one small issue so far -- CD changer seems to cycle endlessly sometimes when the CD carrier/cassette is left in the player and the car is shut off. If this is left too long it will drain the battery. No clue why this is happening, but as a solution, I'm in the habit of removing the cassette/carrier from the player after parking the car. If thsi is done - no problem.

We've had our 2002 since 2002 and it has about 32k miles now. Not one problem at all!!

Elaine

My '98 is older, but flawless at 67K miles and it's not a garage queen. I wouldn't trade it for a C6 even up!

The vette is just a car, there are good ones and bad ones of any model year, just like any car ever made....foreign and domestic. It's all about condition, condition, condition! ;)

Mine's a 2004 and now has 30,800 miles. No problems. It is a semi-garage queen though. I'm getting better about driving it more. I love my C5!

I had to replace one shock and a transaxle seal, both under warranty on my 2004. The car now has 45,000 miles on it and I still love the car.

I've only had to replace the passenger door power window motor. I had the catalytic converter replaced 3 yrs ago under warranty. Other than those two inconveniences, it's run perfect.

issues for 2oo2-2oo4

My oil pressure switch went,have not fixed it yet,seems pretty common on all c'5s.

2002 Coupe, 22,000 miles. Bought it new in June, 2002. Replaced battery @ 15,000 miles. But, that's because I hardly drive it. Replced auto door locks, OVER $1,100 !! Wow, GM must think a lot of those parts. Also, replaced passenger side auto window motor, about $400.

Now, get this . . . Recently, I'm driving along and everything starts going haywire, air conditioner shuts down, radio turns off, all guages go wild, computer read out says everything is wrong; low tire pressure, low on gas, ABS doesn't work, active handling gone, reduce engine power, service engine, you name it. The car drives fine, and the chevy guys can't figure out what's wrong so far. But, they tell me that it's going into "fail safe mode."

That sounds dangerous to me!

Replaced drivers side transaxle seal and new seat cover on drivers side. It is a 04 and work was under warranty.

2004, 6 speed roadster, 14K, everything seems to be OK so far. Now that I have said that it will probably start to self destruct! :W

I have a 2002 with 74k on the odometer. I bought the car in 2005 with under 13k miles. I enjoy driving my car and used to drive it year round.

I've had to replace or service the passenger side headlight motor. The gear broke and I needed to replace the plastic gear with the brass ones available.

My EBCM also died and I bought a rebuilt unit from the ABSFIXER. I still am tracking down the P1571 and P1689 codes. These codes indicate a bad torque signal and the word is there are grounding issues that cause this.

My emergency flasher switch has died. The button does not press in or depress out. The turn signals go through this switch and they fail to flash sometimes.

There is a popping in my drivers door when I close the window. I need to address the door and flasher switch problems.

All of these problems are standard and known to happen issues.

The car is great to drive and the engine and drivetrain have never given any hint of a problem.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom