Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Any of you guys ever run the 1/4 mile?

RC81

Corvette
Was just wondering what your times were. I havent ever tried, but it would be interesting to see where we sit. The only published time I could find was 0-60 in 7.2 at 15.4. This was a 4 speed tested by Car And Driver.

Nope. Never run it on the strip. Our automatic would be slower than that I would guess. I think that the 4 speed has a 2.56 first gear which would help it get rolling. Come to think of it I drove Bud's once and had a hard time getting it rolling. That could have just been me though. Maybe the auto would have an edge off the line.

Tom

I ran track and the 1/4 mile was our specialty as a relay. We usually came in around 52 seconds.....but that was so long ago.;)

As we only have one 1/4 strip here in Holland sorry I didn't try it yet.
But I have a Gtech Pro RR so on a long strip I'll give it some tries getting the max out it her :rotfl

Greetings Peter

Nope. Never run it on the strip. Our automatic would be slower than that I would guess. I think that the 4 speed has a 2.56 first gear which would help it get rolling. Come to think of it I drove Bud's once and had a hard time getting it rolling. That could have just been me though. Maybe the auto would have an edge off the line.

Tom[/QUOTE

Plus the 4 speeds have a better rear gear ratio than the autos. Guess we dont want to get in many races!!]

Yes I have -- earlier this spring.

I have a stock 81 with the TH350 automatic transmission -- best time 16.1 seconds. At the time my transmission was not shifting correctly at WOT. That is all sorted out now, I bet it will do about 15.9, I will try again in the fall and let you know how it goes.

The new camaro's are all in the 13's. I was also beat by a Diesel pickup truck belching huge amounts of black smoke that did about 15.2 -- But none of them looked as good as my '81 doing it ;)

stock mine ran 15.0 now its in the high 12s but its far from stock but it still looks that way under the hood.

Thats quick! Unfortunatly here in Ca. we are very limited to what we can do our engines.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom