Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

any oldtimer know this 62 Vette?

bill616263

Corvette
several 61-66s
Hello to all. I'm looking for info on a recent purchase. I believe that many years ago this 1962 Corvette was raced quite a bit. It is a factory painted jewel blue 1962. The "color code marking reads "spec Blue HT" behind the pass seat. There were. probably not many jewel blue with fawn beige interior 1962s out there from the factory. It was a FI car. It has the big brake ducts but they were poorly installed so I guess owner installed. It has remnants of the "Sebring Package" dual front sway bars and evidence of a roll bar behind the seats. It has a small plaque on the dash reading James N Koury. Last inspection sticker from Pa. in 1984. The guy I bought it from got it in Arizona 10 years ago.

I'd appreciate any leads and hope the unique paint for a 62 will ring a bell with someone. Thanks a million. Bill

Welcome to the CAC

This sounds like a very interesting car. I sent off a message to a friend of mine that knows more than anyone else about vintage Corvette race cars. Hopefully he will reply to the post.

Tom

Here's a contact that might be able to help you.

Suggest you get in touch with GEORGE NOSKY, email gnosky@aol.com in Canton, MI 48188. George bought DON YENKO’S 57 Corvette in 1964, and was very active with the STEEL CITY CORVETTE CLUB in Pittsburg, PA in the 50’s and 60’s. I can get his phone number also if email doesn't work.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom