Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Any one have a pic of sport seat frame Drivers side

VetterMike

Corvette
93 Red/Red Convertible
My 93 Convertible has a broken seat latch due to my Fat A** that I've gained lately it's the
latch to adjust the seat back to recline more or bring straight up will not work. The latch itself
doesn't feel like it broke it's still spring loaded. So I'm figuring it's the frame, it is a little bent
towards the passenger seat

I'm looking for a picture that is large enough for me to see how the frame is put together and
if I can fix it myself, especially before tearing my seat apart.

Thanks ahead of time for all help.

My 93 Convertible has a broken seat latch due to my Fat A** that I've gained lately it's the
latch to adjust the seat back to recline more or bring straight up will not work. The latch itself
doesn't feel like it broke it's still spring loaded. So I'm figuring it's the frame, it is a little bent
towards the passenger seat

I'm looking for a picture that is large enough for me to see how the frame is put together and
if I can fix it myself, especially before tearing my seat apart.

Thanks ahead of time for all help.

Just take it apart. Its too easy. Remove the seat bottom by flipping the wire/latch in the very front, to release the bottom cushion then pull it up and out front edge first, then you can see the 4 bolts holding the frame to the floor track/mounting studs. Slide the seat forward to access the rear 2 bolts, slide back to get to the front 2.

If I remember right you can pull the whole thing off the floor and then separate the pieces on the ground, by taking the roof off and giving yourself some room to work, OR you can pull the seat shell off the floor frame (4 bolts), then the floor frame off the 4 floor mounting studs(4 nuts). At that point you can could all the change and petrified french fries that have been living under there.....most guys get about $7-$12 wealthier from just the driver seat.

Your seats back adjust lever is a cable that releases a latch...sounds like you may have a broken hinge or a cracked shell. There is a small dampner/spring assy that is involved. The seat bottoms have little wire springs like a sofa inner spring, and these will break and get loose. I replaced mine with some others I found and used stainless safety wire to limit how far the bottom could push those springs so they were less likely to break again...
If something like the shell or frame is broken, it might be repaired but replacement is more likely. The tracks if they are power are around $150 used...I'm sure the seat shell is not more than that. If you attempt to remove the seat back, be forewarned....its a Bi*ch to get back in the shell. It has retaining clips that require the seat back to be folded a certain way so it will expand in the shell and hook the clips to lock it in place. This is easiest done on the garage floor so you can lay the whole mess sideways. Trying to squeeze the seat back together and hang it takes more ARMS that the incredible Hulk...lay it down and its cake.. .To remove the back fold the back cushion inward until it slips off the hooks/clips on the back side of the cushion. Installing is the fun part.

Thanks will give a try then.

Just take it apart. Its too easy. Remove the seat bottom by flipping the wire/latch in the very front, to release the bottom cushion then pull it up and out front edge first, then you can see the 4 bolts holding the frame to the floor track/mounting studs. Slide the seat forward to access the rear 2 bolts, slide back to get to the front 2.

If I remember right you can pull the whole thing off the floor and then separate the pieces on the ground, by taking the roof off and giving yourself some room to work, OR you can pull the seat shell off the floor frame (4 bolts), then the floor frame off the 4 floor mounting studs(4 nuts). At that point you can could all the change and petrified french fries that have been living under there.....most guys get about $7-$12 wealthier from just the driver seat.

Your seats back adjust lever is a cable that releases a latch...sounds like you may have a broken hinge or a cracked shell. There is a small dampner/spring assy that is involved. The seat bottoms have little wire springs like a sofa inner spring, and these will break and get loose. I replaced mine with some others I found and used stainless safety wire to limit how far the bottom could push those springs so they were less likely to break again...
If something like the shell or frame is broken, it might be repaired but replacement is more likely. The tracks if they are power are around $150 used...I'm sure the seat shell is not more than that. If you attempt to remove the seat back, be forewarned....its a Bi*ch to get back in the shell. It has retaining clips that require the seat back to be folded a certain way so it will expand in the shell and hook the clips to lock it in place. This is easiest done on the garage floor so you can lay the whole mess sideways. Trying to squeeze the seat back together and hang it takes more ARMS that the incredible Hulk...lay it down and its cake.. .To remove the back fold the back cushion inward until it slips off the hooks/clips on the back side of the cushion. Installing is the fun part.

Thanks will give a try then.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom