Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anybody remember this '69 Big Block that came from Texas and MAYBE Arkansas?

SolidLifters

Corvette
59 60 62 63,63,63 65 67,67 69,69,69,69,69 70
This car is painted burgundy now and has been for over 20 yrs. The original big block hood was gone before it was painted and had been replaced with a '73 style hood that eliminated the wiper door. It had a 400 horsepower emblem on the console, BUT that didn't add up. It had the high RPM redline on the tack, and more importantly the high shift point turbo 400 that is serial numbered to the car AND a 3.36 HD rear that would have only been available with 435 or L88. It also had the TI box still on the LF inner fender, which COULD HAVE been optional on a 400 horse car but would of course been mandatory on 435 or L88.

The car was originally Fathom Green with Saddle leather, turbo 400 and speed warning. NOT side exhaust. I tracked it back to a used car lot in Texas, but Texas purges their DMV records periodically and this one was gone. Interestingly, the gas tank had been changed sometime previous to 1988 and was dirty enough to have been done for a long time. The tank had a taped on shipping label to a dealer in Arkansas. The car also had an unexplained holesaw hole or 2 in the core support and a couple of holes in the rear floor somewhere too.

I got the build and delivery report from NCRS today and have a little more information. The car was sold new in California. The town name is Alhambra and it's near L.A. There is no longer a Chevy dealer in town according to the Toyota store I got doing an internet search. The Vin number on the car is in the mid 16000's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom