Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

anyone driving 11" 50mm offset wheels/ 315/35 ZR 17" tires

• Thread starter Thread starter vettef6
  • Start date Start date
V

vettef6

Does anyone have pictures of how this wheel/tire combo looks like in the rear of an '92 LT1 C4 without flares ??
Have to be sure that the tire profile does not stick out, otherwise I won't get them through our TÜV inspection here in Germany.

Thanks

There are some pictures on this guys web-site. From the looks of some of the pictures, I believe that he is using 315s on the back (no flare).

http://vette.ohioracing.com/

I hope this helps! Good Luck

stearnman said:
There are some pictures on this guys web-site. From the looks of some of the pictures, I believe that he is using 315s on the back (no flare).

http://vette.ohioracing.com/

I hope this helps! Good Luck

Thanks for the link.
I wrote him an email asking for info and pictures. As I see it, he is using 285/40/17 tires. Strange that hardly anyone is using this setup.

vettef6 said:
Thanks for the link.
I wrote him an email asking for info and pictures. As I see it, he is using 285/40/17 tires. Strange that hardly anyone is using this setup.
I read some of his articles a little closer...the "Tires" section at the end reads this:
"For autocrossing I run Hoosier slicks, 12 inches wide. My racing rims are 12" wide with a 7" backspace. They fit with no problems (for 92 through 96 vettes only)."
So, on his "racing/auto-cross" version of his vette he is running a larger tire than a 315 I think.

Again, Good Luck!

vettef6 said:
Does anyone have pictures of how this wheel/tire combo looks like in the rear of an '92 LT1 C4 without flares ??
Have to be sure that the tire profile does not stick out, otherwise I won't get them through our TÜV inspection here in Germany.

Thanks

I used this set up on my 89 and my 96 with out flares.
The tread in under the fenders but the side wall sticks out.
I hope this helps you!
Big John.

Stearnman, it seems as if my emails can't get through to him, they keep coming back as an error.
John, nice to hear at least that the tread is under the fender, pictures would be better though. The side walls are nothing to worry about, they are just looking if the tread is not beyond the fender.

Here is a picture I just received a few seconds ago. Looks as if the tread does look out a little bit.

Arnold

53308My_Pictures00021-med.jpg

r.e wider tyres/ rims! with out flares!

hi there guys,
i sent my rear 9.5" 56 mm offset directional rims to be modifyed!
i got two spare donor rims and got them cut and shut and welded inside and out to make each new rim 11" wide now with 315x35x17" summatomo tyres now!
i got them to modify the rim so it sits inner part of the wheel well!
now the tyres sit on the rim nice and dont stick out what so ever ,infact i could now run 325 mm wide tyres on it and it would sit flush with the outer flare and not stick out what so ever!
if i had a scanner i would post some pistures of it!
i was after some zr1 11" wide directional rims but to hard to get!
it cost me $150.00 aus dollars to modify each rim plus $80.00 each donor rim to cut up for the new rim spacer to be welded on!
each rim came up beautful!
all came up square, straight and inline!
it was all done bye comptuer cut and computer controled welders!
thanks
glen
australia

After you guys change the profile of the tire, how are you compensating the speedometer? I want to run a taller tire on the rear of mine to fill the wheelwell a little more and am worried about the diameter change.
Michael

Mike Zarnock said:
After you guys change the profile of the tire, how are you compensating the speedometer? I want to run a taller tire on the rear of mine to fill the wheelwell a little more and am worried about the diameter change.
Michael

There are two gears (drive gear and driven gear) and one VSS (vehicle speed sensor). Usually you have to change the driven gear.
Let me know what rear axle you have and the tires you want to drive, and I'll try to help you.

Arnold

vettef6 said:
There are two gears (drive gear and driven gear) and one VSS (vehicle speed sensor). Usually you have to change the driven gear.
Let me know what rear axle you have and the tires you want to drive, and I'll try to help you.

Arnold

Is that the gear in the transmission? I remember that's how I did it way back when.
I will have to look up my rear gear and see what it is. I was hoping there was some sort of computer thing that could be changed.
I want to go with the taller rear tire like the ZR-1. I haven't researched the size yet. Any recomendations?

Mike Zarnock said:
Is that the gear in the transmission? I remember that's how I did it way back when.
I will have to look up my rear gear and see what it is. I was hoping there was some sort of computer thing that could be changed.
I want to go with the taller rear tire like the ZR-1. I haven't researched the size yet. Any recomendations? I most likely will stay with the stock 17" wheel.
Thanx for the help!
Mike

You can buy computer "things" all over the place, no problems. They should cost around $150 if I remember well.
Changing to 315/35/17" from 275/40/17 tires doesn't require any changes at all.

Arnold

vettef6 said:
You can buy computer "things" all over the place, no problems. They should cost around $150 if I remember well.
Changing to 315/35/17" from 275/40/17 tires doesn't require any changes at all.

Arnold

$150.00? I think the gear change will be easier and cheaper. LOL
I'll have to look and see what I can find.
Thanx again for the help!
Mike

Anyone know what offset is necessary for 11" ZR1 wheels to fit okay under the front of an '88?

Thanks,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom