Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone familiar w/ Accel DFI PowerProcessor '86-'89 corvette?

M

Moonunit 451

"The Accel PowerProcessor is a highly sophisticated engine management computer which assumes control of air-fuel mixture and wide open throttle ignition timing. Your vehicle's stock ECM remains on-board to control all other functions such as instrumentation, diagnostics, electronic exhaust emissions controls, torque converter lock-up, etc. The PowerProcessor provides your stock computer with the appropriate data to prevent it from malfunctioning or generating trouble codes when non-stock engine components are being used.

PowerProcessor also converts your fuel injection system from "Mass Air Flow" sensing to "Speed-Density". It regulates fuel mixture as a function of precise calculations which are affected by engine speed, manifold pressure, air temperature, throttle position, and exhaust gas oxygen content and eliminates the requirement for the air-flow restricting MAF sensor.

This PowerProcessor module is calibrated at Accel for maximum performance with the engine (in stock configuration) specified on the package label. By using the enclosed CALMAP software and you PC or laptop computer, you can easily recalibrate your entire fuel mixture and wide open ignition timing for virtually any combination of engine components. This calibration can be performed on a dyno or in the vehicle as it is being driven.

Fine tuning of the air-fuel mixture can be performed by adjusting the "Idle" and "WOT" screws in the top of the PowerProcessor module. These adjustments are similar to setting a carburetor's idle mixture screws ("Idle") and changing the main jet size ("WOT"). This adjustability allows virtually infinite control of your engine's fuel delivery for maximum power and is also used to compensate for the minor performance variations that can exist in identical engines."

- Accel PowerProssesor ECU
- 0-1 Bar MAP Sensor
- 56 Pin, 18" ECU Connector Harness
- MAP sensor Connector Harness
- Vaccuum Line with "Tee"
- CALMAP Software package
- Instuction manual

Searching for that last .15 to the 11's. Could this be it?

I would be interested in an LT1 version (92' batch fire system). Sounds like this replaces the ECM fuel and ignition functions.

you don't need that to go 11's! put a sticky tire under that thing and let'er rip :D

on a serious note DFI is a total management system that takes over as the primary ecu for timing advance and fuel curve. easily adjusted via a laptop at real time unlike what our cars has now.

call Jim over at http://www.JimsPerformance.com (410) 465-9569

Jim is local to me and does awesome DFI tuning and can help you answer any of your questions.

My supertuner ;) said not to bother.

Mic I got some brand new ET street drag radials, we'll so how those go, pretty soon. It'll be interesting since I think I finally got my slicks to heat up right and hook last time out, but no improvement on my 60'. If I can even get a tenth there Im in :)

Moonunit 451 said:
My supertuner ;) said not to bother.

Mic I got some brand new ET street drag radials, we'll so how those go, pretty soon. It'll be interesting since I think I finally got my slicks to heat up right and hook last time out, but no improvement on my 60'. If I can even get a tenth there Im in :)

i can't remember if you got an Auto or 4+3 manual. try different stall speeds. if your in an auto try from idle left foot on brake and stab the gas almost at the same time as letting off the brake but staying on the brake a hair longer as you are hitting the gas. this will flash the stall real hard. try this same technique and increase stall speed till you are max cakle on the stall. if you are in a manual left foot on clutch heal on brake toe on gas. hold the brake, slip the clutch, gas at 3500 rpm or higher then roll your foot off the brake onto the gas while slipping the clutch until you are atleast 1/2 throttle then you should be all the way out of clutch. work this technique to get your best 60' times with a manual. if you want even put a linelock in the car so you can do it easier if you wanna race alot. upside is all the stick cars launch like that that goes fast. downside is you burn the clutch up faster but if's a 1 weekend every few months you will be fine. what 60' are you cutting? i would think mid 1.7's at least. i know guys with your setup running mid 11's at sealevel with good air. you are pretty close. catch a cool night and heat those DR's up at 18 psi and let'er rip! i feel 11.8's or better in your car :D

I've got an auto, thought about a line lock but I don't run enough. I was hoping you might respond to the earlier thread i posted (below). It tells ya what my gearing and times are and so forth. Don't know if you ever saw it. I've tried lots of different launch techniq's, and my best 60' so far has been a 1.738. I need to get into the 1.6's. Take a look at the post if you've got time ;)
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68713

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom