Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone In Detroit Remember This?

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
Nice sign.

Tom

Cant ever remember a vette on a stick but I sure remember the Royal Bryan car adds on tv

THE VETTE SHOP

I not only remember it---I had work done there several times. Does anyone remember their shop on Telegraph road? How long ago did they disappear? I left Detroit in 1985. :confused

Slay motors in Jackson Mississippi had a 1965 coupe on pole for many years. He had a man get on ladder and go up and wax every now and then. It still might be up there.Scotty took motor and trans. out and put vette on pole. Ace

Slay motors in Jackson Mississippi had a 1965 coupe on pole for many years. He had a man get on ladder and go up and wax every now and then. It still might be up there.Scotty took motor and trans. out and put vette on pole. Ace

Don't see a Slay Motors listed in the phone directory.
Could have a new name.

Torque Thrust wheels and white wall tires. Don't see that every day. Thank God. :boogie

Give me a location and I'll have a friend check it out the next time he visits his daughter and son-in-law in Jackson.:cool

Cool photo, too!
:wJane Ann

Jane Ann, The location in Jackson was South State Street, it was not far off Interstate 20. Scotty Slay and his Dad had the dealership. I will check with a buddy to if he is still in business. Have a great Day! Ace

I talked with Scotty Slay last year at the Bloomington Gold Auction on Saturday. He still owns a 1953 Corvette! Seemed like a really nice guy and it was alot of fun to speak with him and listen to him tell about the days with the dealership!:)

Greg
60fuelie:w

Greg, The 53 vette was his dad's car. I'm sure his dad has past away by now. Scotty and i had 62 vette at one time, they were hondrus maroon,mine was a 340hp and his was a 360hp. I have not spoken to Scotty in many years. I am planning a trip to Jackson in near future to check on some real estate i have in Jackson and will give him a call. Have a good one. Ace

Torque Thrust wheels and white wall tires. Don't see that every day. Thank God. :boogie

John,

They look to be 15" Mickey Thompson Radar wheels. I'd like to have them. I have a pair of 14" (with white walls :thumb) that I've had since the '60s. Used them on the front on several cars; even the Corvette when I had the white wall Mickey Thompson cheater slicks on the rear. My signature pic shows the slicks but was taken before the Radar wheels. I guess you had to be there. :L

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom