Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

anyone installed a wood dash kit?

Do you have a wood dash already? If so, I say go for it! If not, I dont particularly care for the look of the wood, but thats just my taste!

It seems like a decent product, but then again looks can be deceiving! I never got a dash kit, but I know when you install it, it either looks great, or it looks bad... there is really no in between. Thats my 2 cents!

Good luck! If you decide to get the kit, post some pics of the before and after!:cool

if they are a quaility kit they can look real nice, but the cheap ones are just that.... the worst ones i have seen are the low grade "carbon fiber" kits that the wanna be racers puit in their wanna be tuner hondas, ive always kinda liked a wood dash but i know me and my level of patience.. it wouldnt work out

I'd have to go along with the rest of the crowd. If you like that sort of thing then by all means do it. It's your car.

But they just don't work for me. That's just not my taste.

But this world would be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Since my other car is a 1951 MGTD with a wooden dash, I put the woodlike kit into my 91 convertible. I like it. It was not cheap, but I bought the burl look from Mid America and have been happy with it. I did not install the piece around the gauges because you have to take the dash off in a 91 to get to it. It looks nice and was fairly easy to install. I think it dresses up the interior a little from the drab black plastic that is standard. That part of the car is the only gripe I have about Corvettes. They could have done a little more to dress up the interior. For such a beautiful car, they did not do well on the interiors IMHO.

I was looking to dress mine interior up this past winter, went with something a little different though. I sent the original pieces in to American Hydrocarbon (C5 C6 Carbon Fiber Corvette Dash) and had them do a brushed alluminum look to them. he offers a couple different wood and marble designs along with carbon fiber. It wasnt too much more than a good glue on kit and i think it looks a lot better and different from every other corvette someone has put wood panels in. There are a couple pics of mine around the forum and on the gallery portion of his page.

I DID INSTALL A COMPLETE BRUSHED ALUMINIUM FROM MAV_VS E-BAY SELLER... $$$ PRICE WAS THE CHEAPEST AROUND BUT FIT, FINISH AND OVERALL QUALITY WAS GREAT ON MY 92 AND SHIPPING WAS FASTER THAN A VETTE ON THE 1/4 TO CANADA... BUT TO MY CHOICE WOOD DASH DOSEN'T FIT IN A VETTE LIKE TAN INTERIOR... BUT THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION!!! NO OFFENCE TO EVERYONE....

I have often thought of dressing up my interior with a wood kit. Just have not pulled the trigger yet. Maybe one of these days.

WHILE YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT DRESSING UP YOUR INTERIOR, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE THE :w

Something VERY IMPORTANT to consider:
Many kits glue on and cover the screws to take off the dash apart in the future!
Make sure you buy one that can be removed when necessary to service the car! I've had mine on for 10 years and remove it at least 2x's a year so far to fix components or do upgrades.:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom