Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone try the Diablosport Tuner for '06 LS2?

Z51Tractor

Corvette
2006 Silver Z51, 6 spd man
Has anyone tried the newly released Diablo for the 2006 Corvette? I just flashed the PCM on my '06 Z51 and wondered what results others have had. (Also added a K&N performance intake). I didn't dyno the car before and after but it does seem a little less "polite". Anybody have thoughts either way on the performance benefit of the Diablosport (other than being able to turn off the freaaaakin skip shift)?

K & N

Is the K & N performance intake a cold air induction kit? Can you feel any performance difference with it? Did you put it on yourself, or do you have to go to a Corvette shop for that? Also, what kind of cost for that kit? Also, any gas mileage differences?

Is the K & N performance intake a cold air induction kit? Can you feel any performance difference with it? Did you put it on yourself, or do you have to go to a Corvette shop for that? Also, what kind of cost for that kit? Also, any gas mileage differences?

Hi Kgelliot,

The K&N is just a performance intake designed (I guess) to improve airflow - it replaces the factory air filter assy with a better filter and gets rid of all the OEM weirdness. Here's a link to it.
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=63-3052

One reason for the change was that I found pine needles on my MAF. The factory unit seems to have areas where debries can get in.

Anyway, K&N claims 10hp, which IMHO, if you consider is only a 2.5% gain on the c6, can't be expected to knock you socks off. But improved airflow is always welcome. Combined with the Diablosport we felt a slight improvement in performance. Like I said, the car seems a little less polite. I know, subjective. The weather in Seattle hasn't been very good this Winter so I haven't had much time for a full impression or to check for improved mileage.

I bought this off of Ebay, new, for $255 plus $20 shipping. Ecklers, Mid America, etc have them for $399. Install was very easy. Obviously more so than a full on cold air unit because your not having to cut into the radiator shroud or route ducting. Mt wife and I did the install ourselves in about 45 min. (taking our time).

After several years the jury is still out on the Diablo for C6s. I have seen good and bad reports, which you have to expect. What bothers me is that you frequently see used units for sale. I was tempted, but chose the tuner route.

After several years the jury is still out on the Diablo for C6s. I have seen good and bad reports, which you have to expect. What bothers me is that you frequently see used units for sale. I was tempted, but chose the tuner route.

Hi Catbert - so you took your C6 to a tuner and had the PCM remapped or did hardware upgrades or both? What mods were done and how did it work out? I went for the Diablo primarely to turn the CAGS off (didn't want to see the light). We'll see about their performance tune. May go back to the factory tune and turn off the CAGS there (if possible).

There is no replacement for an actual dyno tune with software that is capable of alot more. I'm sure you have alot of power left on the table.

Hi Catbert - so you took your C6 to a tuner and had the PCM remapped or did hardware upgrades or both? What mods were done and how did it work out? I went for the Diablo primarely to turn the CAGS off (didn't want to see the light). We'll see about their performance tune. May go back to the factory tune and turn off the CAGS there (if possible).

Mine was a software dyno tune. It's good for 2-3 tenths in the quarter on my only visit to the strip. I have to learn how to launch again without TM. When I do that, I expect 12.7s with my 05 auto.

Mine was a software dyno tune. It's good for 2-3 tenths in the quarter on my only visit to the strip. I have to learn how to launch again without TM. When I do that, I expect 12.7s with my 05 auto.

Thanks guys. Do you have before and afer hp and torque data? Were any mods done or did you dyno the stock engine?

I installed the Diablosport tune on my .07 Corvette. It does seem a little less polite, as others said, but I can say for sure it now requires Premium 91 Octane fuel, where as before it was OK on Regular. The gas mileage did not change, I am getting 25.5 on a fast commute through LA traffic. I feel that it is a faster to 60 because it seems to stay just on the verge of breaking loose all the through 1st if I start by popping the clutch at 2000 rpms. 1/2 throttle, then give it full throttle after it gets traction. Seems like less Torque Management is there cause it breaks traction on 2nd and 3rd shift.

Yes, I know, all very subjective, hope to give a try at the drags soon. I can easily put the stock tune back to get timings before and after.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom