Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone used the new Passport 9500i ?

G

GarryL

I know the radar detector thing has been thrashed quite a bit, but I am wondering about the new Passport 9500i. It is more expensive than the
8500 X50 and priced close to the Valentine V1. I have been thinking about buying the 8500 X50 and wondering it the 9500i is worth the extra coin. The V1 just seems so dated to me..

Any feedback is appreciatrd. Thanks,

-Garry

I have a Cobra...not sure what model but it seems to work great. When used in the Blazer I use the suction cups on the windshield. When used in the vette I velcro it to the dash.

Dude go with the valentine 1. The alert arrows work as advertised and it is able to track multiple bogies and even the latest ladar technolgy.

It still beats the competion in most all the mags I've read. I've had mine for 5 years and has never broken down.

Thanks and no I am ot getting a kick back from the company.

Dude go with the valentine 1. The alert arrows work as advertised and it is able to track multiple bogies and even the latest ladar technolgy.

It still beats the competion in most all the mags I've read. I've had mine for 5 years and has never broken down.

Thanks and no I am ot getting a kick back from the company.
I agree, those alert arrows come in very handy. It's not the fanciest looking thing in the world, but I didn't buy it for looks. The concealed display is also very nice to have, especially when you don't want to advertise that you have radar. The upgrade feature is a bonus, but I haven't had to use it yet, so don't know how much of a value it is.

That 9500i does has some cool features on it. But, I don't know how much I'd trust it. It requires a little too much faith on GPS signals and with no external antenna, I don't know how accurate it would be. I'm sure it's probably very good, but unless you do a lot of speeding in the city, I don't see it as all that useful, there aren't very many false alerts on the highway. All in all, I'm sure it's great functionality, but it won't be long before the cops start taking advantage of it.

Both the V1 and the 9500i are extremely expensive for what they do, especially with 'instant on' radar being used now. No matter how many features or how much you pay, nothing is going to take the place of common sense.

I have an old $65 Uniden radar detector which, to be perfectly honest, works just as well as the $399 V1 in most situations. But, being able to know if that cop is in front of you or behind you is very useful. Then again, I never worried about anyone stealing the $65 version. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom