Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Are Cooper Mastercraft Avenger Tires any good?

try2pas

Corvette
1972- original; 1980 - restomod; 2016 - Z06
I have a 1980 corvette with 255/60 R-15 tires. I need a new set. The only ones I can find are the Cooper Mastercraft Avenger tires and the BF Goodrich T/A. Any others? The Cooper are quite a bit cheaper than the BF Goodrich. Anyone know anything good or bad about either tire or another tire that I might consider?

The speed rating on the Cooper Mastercraft Avenger:

"50,000 Mile Treadwear Protection Limited Warranty (U.S. Only) T/S-Speed Rated"

CooperMastercraft - Avenger G/T

Tire Rack states the Goodrich TAs are S rated.

S 112 mph 180 km/h
T 118 mph 190 km/h

Maybe someone will offer advice on another tire with a higher speed rating?

I've had both. I like the BF Goodrich better. The Coopers provided less grip, in my opinion. I even got the wheels to chirp kicking down from second to first gear with those tires... that's with a nearly stock L81 engine! I guess if you like sliding around a lot, they could be the tire for you ;)

I don't think you're going to find a much higher speed rating on a 15x8 wheel. Certainly none with raised-white-letters.

-Tatortot

I have Dunlop 255/60r15. Good tire for the things i do with them. [emoji4]

Greetings Peter

They are ok for normal use,but don't like horsepower because they will spin like mad! the BFG's are not much better.

They are ok for normal use,but don't like horsepower because they will spin like mad! the BFG's are not much better.

So what other options are available? My Firestone Indy 500 aren't available and the Dunlop GT Qualifier I too can't find. What is available in the 255 60 15?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom