Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

are polished 2003 wheels forged?

strand cruiser

Corvette
C5 convertible triple black
I had read that the painted wheels for a 2003 are cast, and that only the polished wheels were forged, with the Z wheels being spun cast.

This is the first time I had read of this detail , and am trying to confirm the information. MY 2003 didn't come with the OEM wheels , and I like the OEM because of the quality and the higher probability of finding stock tire sizes down the road.

The information I read gave no details , just a list of specs from the available options and the prices. I figured to go for a forged set if the polished wheels were in fact forged . As far as I can tell from pictures , they look the same except for the finishes.

Right now I will be trying to find identifying parts numbers, which the list I saw omitted.

Thank for any help.

I had read that the painted wheels for a 2003 are cast, and that only the polished wheels were forged, with the Z wheels being spun cast.

This is the first time I had read of this detail , and am trying to confirm the information. MY 2003 didn't come with the OEM wheels , and I like the OEM because of the quality and the higher probability of finding stock tire sizes down the road.

The information I read gave no details , just a list of specs from the available options and the prices. I figured to go for a forged set if the polished wheels were in fact forged . As far as I can tell from pictures , they look the same except for the finishes.

Right now I will be trying to find identifying parts numbers, which the list I saw omitted.

Thank for any help.
Not sure but here is a pic of stock polished aluminum Z16 wheels for comparison purposes...

20200725_071620_001.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom