Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Are they adaquate????

K

Kap142

Am looking to buy my first Corvette. Have decided it has to be a steel bumper 72 C3. I'm looking at a BB with 4 speed and A/C.

My question is are the factory brakes being non power enough to do job stopping the vehicle. I understand they are 4 wheel disc's.

Second this particular vette has no power steering, again is it really needed?

Thanks to all and have a good holiday.

Ken:D

Test drive it and see. If you plan to use wider tires and parallel park, I would think PS would be required.

Non power brakes are the same as PB, mechanically, with out the vacuum boost. Requires higher pedal pressure but should stop the same.

Welcome to CAC there are quite a few without power. You will get used to it if you drive it enough. The more I drive my 68 (all manual) the more I get used to it and the better it feels.

Brakes are the same- almost. Mine when I bought it, the power booster didn't work, i fixed it , and I really didn't feel a huge difference. They' re HUGE rotors and calipers and have NO PROBLEM bringing you to a screeching halt! Manual steering is a nice thing to have, but you can live without it. Something less to break or fix. C3s are very nice, fun and all around good-lookin cars.... In my opinion, the best American made thing ever.
Welcome to CAC
zachh

super

That's good news. I am going to look at a 72 C3 this Friday. It's a bit of a road trip but if the vehicle is as it seems (as the pics show and as the owner tells me) we just may be renting a trailer to bring her home.

72 BB, 4 sp, A/C.

I'll let you know. Thanks for the responses.

Ken

Best of luck tomorrow!

Thanks....

I'll post the results of the trip.

:)

Power steering is an easy thing to add if you decide you dont like the manual steering.I actually love how my non PB car stops without the vacuum assist.I havent seen many big blocks that had AC but no PS or PB.You usually see big blocks with every option or none at all.Cant wait to see the pics.

So far I like my non-power steering and brakes a lot. One thing I think manual steering cars need is a better steering wheel. The stocker is too skinny IMO.
Did u ever get the car?
Future plans for my car: Frame off resto w/540 stroker Big block, gen VI, 600 horse/600tq, new suspension and HD drivetrain parts

oh yes I did

Am now the proud daddy of a 72 Warbonnet yellow BB, 4 speed A/C Corvette[/ATTACH]

Hey, congrats. How does it run, lots of torque?
I have a 350/350 in mine now, it's okay. I don't know how many miles are on the motor, but it is puffing smoke out the breather, not good.

Thanks

She is awesomely powerful and I love it. Loads of torque and OMG acceleration. I bet I'm getting nothing per gallon right now but ya know what? I just don't care.

The exterior is show conidition and the interior is going to be. It'll just take a little time.:beer

She is awesomely powerful and I love it. Loads of torque and OMG acceleration. I bet I'm getting nothing per gallon right now but ya know what? I just don't care.

The exterior is show conidition and the interior is going to be. It'll just take a little time.:beer
Congrats Kap142! I was wondering why you haven't posted an update, and thought maybe you just didn't have the time because you've been living in the garage for the last week or so! Let's see some pics of that beauty.

Good job. The car is beautiful.

Beautiful car. Maybe we'll see you at the Vettes at the Village show this June,or if i can make to the Ecklers show at Old Town.Id love to see it in person.

Thanks,

Tell me about the Vettes in the Village, where and exactly when and Ecklers is scheduled for where and when?

I plan on taking this girl out to a few places. It's kinda the the concept of "it not miles per gallon but smiles per gallon"

My vintage car insurance says I can to 5K miles per year and by god I shall.

Ken

The Ecklers show is March 30-31 at Old Town.The Vettes at the Village show is my favorite show of the year.Its fathers day weekend at the World Golf Village in St Augustine.They get around 150-200 Corvettes and park them on the walk of fame around the lake.The North Florida Corvette Assn. has pics on their website.www.nfca.net

Ken,

Welcome to the CAC. Nice car you have there. I have driven a big block '67 and a '70 454/450 LS6 El Camino, both manual steering, as daily drivers in the past. You soon get used to letting it roll a little before turning the wheel. After that It's a piece of cake. The fact is the only power steering Corvette we have ever owned is the wife's '81 and that is her car.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom