Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ARE WE LABLED SPEED FREAKS?

Patrick said:
She looked like she had once been really attractive. Nice shape to the face, but it was lined and red from the yelling she was doing. The blond hair was limp and uncombed.

And then I understood. The guy wasn't looking at me. He was looking at the Z06 and seeing what he could have had. One of those moments where the choices one makes sort of crystalize- you can chose A, and this will be the result, or you can chose B...

Is it too late for him to trade in the wife, 3 kids and minivan for the Z06? :L

What you're saying is that if I stick with the Corvette, I won't have 3 kids, a minivan and a "had once been really attractive" blond? Hey, that sounds fair to me. :D

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE

Even though the blond may have a few miles on her, I am reminded of my post #30 to the Gersh thread of 01-20-06. You can always make a deal.

59-62USNVET

Actually, the more I look at it, that pink vette doesn't look so bad. It just needs a dynamite looking blond driving it.:)

59-62USNVET said:
Sharondippity:

"no thanks"? could you please explain.

59-62USNVET

I agree with Sharondippity - just tell us why. and skip the scavenger hunt. Here's the deal - if you're going to drive around in a pink vette - be prepared to tell the story - a lot.:L

Remo:cool

I like this view better. Do you have a larger actual picture you can post? The real color, velocity yellow.

Since many of us are in our 50's, I suppose the next thing you will add is lettering,

This would do nicely and really accent the Corvette image,

Oh you who, do you Hover round

;) :L

Now all you need is a smiley face or a yellow sunflower on the hood!:L

Actually it looks like a Photoshop job to me.

Photoshop

My son is a photoshop wiz along with a comedian and professional musician. I never know what surprises he has for me. As soon as I can figure how to reduce the resolution on this imac G5, i'll post some guaranteed un-retouched shots. My favorite is the dashboard one that I use for my desktop. In the meantime I'll change my avatar every once in a while. i don't seem to have any problem doing that.

59-62USNVET

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.:)

59-62USNVET said:
As soon as I can figure how to reduce the resolution on this imac G5, i'll post some guaranteed un-retouched shots. My favorite is the dashboard one that I use for my desktop. In the meantime I'll change my avatar every once in a while. i don't seem to have any problem doing that.

59-62USNVET
If the Junkie figerd out how to do it,Anybody Can!!!!:L Do I hear a HECK Yeah?? :D

Others have 'issues'

I go out of my way, while driving the Vette, to be courteous and send a good message from the Corvette community of drivers.

Personally, I don't care too much, if someone has issues with Corvette drivers, out of envy or whatever. It goes along with not having to prove to anyone what my car is capable of.... unless it's some prissy jerk in an exotic import; car OR bike. :) Rarely, however, will they play. Does this fit with the driving mannerisms above??
:w

From here to Kirksville Mo

Hey gmjunkie, what in the word is in could be in Kirksville? lol
Did ya come across 136? I went to high school in Kahoka, MO. I don't think anyone has ever heard of it. lol

Pretty much, I just get compliments on the car--everybody loves it!
Occasionally I run across someone who responds with envy. Generally it is a guy in a big shiny pickup, apparently feeling his macho has been threatened.
Some guy in a red Ferrari pretends he doesn't even see me--I've seen him twice.

Nobody has really acted like Corvette drivers are expected to be speed freaks, and I try to be a courteous driver (that doesn't mean I'm slow--but I don't pull out in front of people, cut them off, tailgate, or fail to use turn-signals).

So far my top speed is 172 MPH, so you might be tempted to label me. But it was done with elaborate safety measures--two miles of empty freeway and a lead car with radio up ahead.

Gersh

176 mph ?

How long did it take you to get there? My Z-51 will do that plus 10 more. You gots to go faster!;) I want to hear 198.:beer

Norseman said:
How long did it take you to get there? My Z-51 will do that plus 10 more. You gots to go faster!;) I want to hear 198.:beer

It took a mile or so to get to 172. I was going 100 MPH faster than the traffic, so I wanted to give plenty of space to slow down--I need to go earlier on Sunday morning when the traffic is VERY light.
Gersh

172+

Gersh:
I know the temptation to open her up. You are the best judge as to when, where, traffic and conditions. Don't be tempted by other people's prodding.

59-62USNVET

I gotta say, you Z06 guys are without a question speed freaks! Who the heck needs to go that fast! What a waste. :mad

Did I mention that I got my ass handed to me by a C6 Z06? :crazy

Bastard! But a very fast bastard.

jhecox said:
Hey gmjunkie, what in the word is in could be in Kirksville? lol
Did ya come across 136? I went to high school in Kahoka, MO. I don't think anyone has ever heard of it. lol
I have,I have, Be there,Be there!! I used to Blast Down the Kahoka Drag Strip!!!!Year and Years ago!!:Steer :lou :bu Do you know any Anderson's in and around Memphis,Downing and Kahoka??? If So tell'm cousin Junk said Hay!! My dad was born in Downing!!! All my relatives are from NEMO!!!!!!:upthumbs

Koop said:
I gotta say, you Z06 guys are without a question speed freaks! Who the heck needs to go that fast! What a waste. :mad

Did I mention that I got my ass handed to me by a C6 Z06? :crazy

Bastard! But a very fast bastard.

I do. Really, I do. I need it, not sure why, but it's important to go that fast...
Gersh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom