Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Armor All For Removing Water Spots

As I live in the mountains and have EXTREMELY hard water I get horrible water spots every time I wash my car if I don't immediately dry it. Yesterday I was playing around with Armor All and decided to try it on my horribly spotted windows. I sprayed it onto the glass real thick then used my fingers to uh "finger paint" them and after soaking for about 15-20 minutes I wiped it off. To my astonishment ALL of the spots were completely gone! Before yesterday I had used Windex and fine steel wool to TRY to remove the spots but it was only partially successful.

The trick to removing water spots is to use something that will absorb into the spot and dissolve it and there are many products now days to pick from. With the spot removing technology now so good you don't have to deal with those annoying water spots and it appears Armor All is just one of many products that will do the job. I just put CLR on my shopping list and I'll give that a try.

I have spots on the side windows of my Terrain. I think I'll give this a try. Thanks for the heads up.

Tom

I have spots on the side windows of my Terrain. I think I'll give this a try. Thanks for the heads up.

Tom

Be sure to leave it on the window in liquid form for at least 15-20 minutes. I was astonished at the results and as CLR is made for removing water spots I'll try that next.

I bought a quart of CLR and tried it on the inside of my windows and on my side mirrors. The stuff smells like DRAINO and it left a REAL smeared residue. So I don't think CLR is the way to go after all.

Great suggestion! I've moved this to Care & Detailing.

Thanks.

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom