Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Armor All Wipes

twiget

Corvette
In the market
I was at the local auto shop a few days ago and came across some armor all wipes. One for windows and one for the interior. They are pretty much baby wipes pre-wetted with the approperate cleaner. And a waste of money IMO. They are way to fragile to be pulled through the top like baby wipes, they just tare and all you have in your hand is the part of the wipe that you where holding on to. Once you manage to get the wipes out of the container they leave lint all over everything! And the interior wipes leave massive streaks on anything they touch. The directions say to just wipe on and let dry, but if you do you get streaks. The window cleaner ones are a little better but they leave lint all over the glass, just like the interior ones.

In a nut shell they are more trouble than they are worth.

Jason

I've got bottles of ArmorAll in my garage that I haven't used in years. I just don't like that stuff; if you ever have to refinish something like your plastic dash pieces (which never shoulda seen that stuff in the first place!), it takes a whole lotta cleanin' to remove all traces of the silicone base before you can paint.

Ken

BTW Jason, remember the other post in this forum about Griot's Garage? I tried that window cleaner and towels that were recommended and really liked the stuff. Check it out.

Armor All

I bought some also, haven't tried them yet. But tried to get the first one started out of the container was a nightmare as twiget said.

But I do use silicone based products such as ArmorAll.
Keeps me from having to re-paint the dash :bash (sorry Ken)

"Silicone is Great Stuff to Look At :eek "

I got some of the Armor All window wipes and they flat out SUCK!!! Left my windshield completely streaked!!! Had to get a towel to clean it. What a waste of money. I'm staying away from Armor All from now on.

siliconed seats

Got a trick motorcycle ... and an annoying acquaintance hounding you to take 'em for a ride??? Simple solution ... ARMOR ALL the rear seat ... tell 'em to hang on tight ... then go! Their experience will likely be so uncomfortable they're not likely to want another one.
JACK:grinshot

Re: siliconed seats

Jack said:
Got a trick motorcycle ... and an annoying acquaintance hounding you to take 'em for a ride??? Simple solution ... ARMOR ALL the rear seat ... tell 'em to hang on tight ... then go! Their experience will likely be so uncomfortable they're not likely to want another one.
JACK:grinshot

:L :L :L :L :Roll

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom