Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aston Martin leading the way in interiors and internet technology

Brangeta

I had to share this with you guys. With all the interior talk here, I felt this deserved to be in the Callaway forum. At http://www.astonmartin.com/thecars/buildyourastonmartin you can build/customize your interior (and other stuff, but the interior is by far the coolest part).

You're probably saying "big deal, lots of manufacturers have that on their website," but this is UNBELIEVABLE. You customize a VERY detailed 3D model, and the interior customizations are AMAZING. You can choose so many different interior colors and combinations, it blows my mind. I currently have the upper leather a dark blue, the lower leather a bright red, the steering wheel and outer seats a gold color, the inner seats and carpet a seafoam color, the carpet with a red piping, and multiple stitching colors.
db9screenshot.jpg

Really incredible. If the colors were more exciting I would be more pleased but this is just astounding and I had to share. This might be something for Callaway to consider having made for the C16.

If you don't have any preference, I recommend customizing either of the DB9s; you get the most options to play with.

P.s. you can do many special things with the model that I am just now discovering... such as clicking on the doors to open/close them and somehow you can put up the convertible top, but I haven't figured out how I did it yet.

I would imagine that if you are commissioning a C16 to its fullest extent, you are given a similar variety of color choices being that the Deutschleder interior is custom made to your choice and not some off the shelf kit.

I could be wrong but if I had to bet I would think that is what would happen.

That is a cool website.

-Luigi
:cool

All Aston Martins are completely hand build (incl. bodywork and engine!), so I think you wound find any shelf kits over there :)
Very nice website btw!

Groeten Peter.

Aston Martin has been sold...

Aston Martin, SOLD! to the highest bidder :w

Scoop: Louis Vuitton buys Aston Martin

Posted Feb 1st 2007 7:47PM by: Noah Joseph
All the bids are in and the winning bidder has been revealed: Aston Martin is being bought by LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA, the French luxury goods consortium that produces upper-crust products ranging from leather trunks and wallets to champagne and cognac...and now exotic luxury sports cars, too.
In placing the highest bid, Louis Vuitton beat out some serious contenders, including consortia led by Aston's current boss, billionaire moguls and numerous heavy-hitting investment firms.
Ford Motor Company will reportedly retain 15% interest in Aston Martin when Louis Vuitton takes over. Although both Ford PAG and Louis Vuitton declined to comment to DowJones MarketWatch, the media outlet that broke the story, German car mag Autobild will be running the story tomorrow (Friday).
While there has been a history of fashion labels and automakers collaborating on special editions – including Aston Martin and Dunhill – the purchase of a stoic marque like Aston Martin is pioneering new ground, although Louis Vuitton does have an established history in sponsoring concours d'elegance.

By the looks of the luggage, there is DEFINATE quality there already - now will there be addl. branding from LV??

amv8.jpg

luggageii8.jpg

A similar fitted luggage option is avail. on the new Callaway C16 - VERY cool! :cool

Well... let's just hope Louie can build cars as well as purses...:crazy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom