Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

At last..... my Z06

H

Hitman1

I've decided to dich the coupe and go for the Z06. I must say I'm very gratefull for all of your opinions in guiding me to get the Z06 and not the coupe. After I drove this baby, I realized that I would have regretted it for the rest of my life had I got the coupe and not the Z06.

The Z06 is just awesome and it feels sooooooo good to be in one :D I've ordered a specialized license plates that reads "MYREDZ06".
Now, I need recommendations for chrome wheels. I kinda like the Z06 Motorsport chomes. Any suggestions?

MyZ06-1.jpg

MyZ06-2.jpg

MyZ06-3.jpg

Hitman, welcome to the Z06 enthusiast support group. Tammy and I have been attempting to develop a recovery program for addicted Z06 enthusiasts for some time. Unfortunately, it appears there is no clear way to completely "get over" your love for the Z06. So we gave up trying to find a cure.

To drive one is to fall in love with one. And falling in love is tantamount to addiction.

There are numerous Z06 addicts we have had to provide a forum for: those who have been permanently affected by the ownership of one of these incredible vehicles. The only treatment we have found for the enormous grin Z06 owners wear on their faces is an outlet, a place where they can relate their driving stories and experiences. Just remember, you are among friends who UNDERSTAND the way this car tugs at your heart strings and occupies the thoughts at the back of your mind throughout the day. You can start with our affirmation: "My name is 'Hitman,' and I am addicted to my Z06."

:L

Seriously, welcome to the group! Your red baby looks great! Feel free to share some of your driving experiences with us.

-Patrick

Welcome to the :CAC Hitman. You made the right choice on getting a Z and get used to that Big Grin on your face, it doesn't go away! :D Enjoy the Z and the forums. :upthumbs

Doug :w

Congrats Hitman! TR sure is purty.:cool As for the Motorsport wheels, they are very sharp. I have the black ones with the polished lip on my Z. One nice thing about the black ones, you can't see the break dust. They look really sharp on red too. Here's mine:

342%3C932323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323633%3B58%3B%3C%3Aot1lsi

Thanks guys.

Patrick, thanks for explaining that feeling I've been having since I got the Z. I was really afraid to talk about it in the open. It's nice been around those who UNDERSTAND :)
Z06 TOM, those are some nice wheels man.

I've been looking around for wheels; which one of these do you guys think would look better on the Z? The first one is the "C6 Motorsport for C5" and the 2nd is the "Z06 Motorsport". Both are chromes; I've seen alot of pictures with corvettes and the z06 motorsport but no pictures at all with the C6 motorsport. Is it becuase no one likes them, or are they just too new? I've also heard that the Z06 motorsport is kinda heavy.

c6motorsport.jpg
z06motorsport.jpg

Hitman1 said:
Patrick, thanks for explaining that feeling I've been having since I got the Z. I was really afraid to talk about it in the open. It's nice been around those who UNDERSTAND :)

You're welcome, Hitman. Just remember the daily affirmation: "Hi, my name is Hitman, and I am addicted to my Z06. And that's... Okay!"
:L

-Patrick

Hitman1 said:
Thanks guys.

I've been looking around for wheels; which one of these do you guys think would look better on the Z?

Hi Hitman,

Congrats on the beautiful "Z".

I may put these on my wife's QS ZO6.

They are C6 black Motorsports. I understand that they are 3-4 lbs heavier than stock, but just about any aftermarket wheel you put on will be heavier than OEM.
Some of the pricier brands are much heavier.

Good luck with your decision.

Pedro:w

vette17.jpg

two thumbs up hitman!!! glad you decided on the z. as for the chrome wheels, i got my originals chrome powercoated - thats powercoat and not conventional chrome. it had me a little confused when the dealer suggested it. (i thought he meant conventional chrome with clear powercoat). got mine done at motomotion in medina, ohio.

welcome aboard.. nice z..you will love it :D ...got my chrome wheels from AT...exchange @ 800$ out the door. dont know if its a great deal but the wheels are GM...and what a difference they make..go for it...AT(american-tire co) also since these are stock exchange only the chrome adds weight..:) ..gary

I'm hoping to see the C6 Z06 rims become available from the dealer network..Ie. Ken Fitchner, if they fit the C5 it should be a cool lightweight alternative to many of the rims available from the aftermarket.

They may be too wide but we won't know till the dealer network tries it ...

Once they do....and the wheels become available.....Should be a feeding frenzy. (if they fit)

Hey Hitman, how 'bout these. I think they're sharp as heck!!!:cool

mGC652.jpg

bcar27.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom