Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Attn!~! ...93 Rubie

gmjunkie

Corvette
03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe
If you change Plugs,Coils and Boots in these all the time for a liveing.................................................
I'd like to present you with the Official "GMJunkie"
"Nerves of Iron/Glutton for Punishment" award!!;worship;worship;worship

attachment.php

These C4 boys haven't a clue!!!
;LOL;LOL;LOL

:pat:D

:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That strangely looks like the engine bay of a Ford F150 with a 5.4L V8. Could be a 4.6L V8 but i cant tell from that angle. How many plugs did you break? I've seen them all break, Ford has a kit to get them out, pays an HOUR A PLUG. So big money when they start breaking.

Fortunately, on all the newer F150's the 09 and up, FORD really opened up the engine compartment, you can get to stuff, way EASIER. They fixed that but made pulling the tranny a lot harder, :bash.

Ford changed the plugs later on....go figure to correct that condition. There is a TSB on the older ones, read lots of anti-seize on the lower part of the plug, be careful not getting any on the ground strap. Taking the coils out and soaking the holes with Carb cleaner or PB Blaster seems to make them easier to get out.

It appears you are on the passenger side, like getting to the back two plugs? Removal of the PCM or at least taking the bolts out and moving it aside helps BIG TIME!!!

Speaking of Glutton for Punishment, I am used to changing oil and stuff on Power Strokes, has drain plug at very bottom of pan, comes straight down.
Changed oil on a Chevy 3500 Duramax today, never did that before, don't know why guy came to a Ford dealer for it??? Anyway, so the drain plug on those is at an angle facing towards the rear of the vehicle. Well, I totally underestimated the velocity at which oil would come from that pan. My drain pan was in the perfect spot so when the oil hit the pan, it sent it at the right angle to hit me square in the face. 15W40 doesn't taste good, luckily i got my eyes shut and moved and didn't get any in my eyes. Covered my face, the other guys in shop laughing their A$$ off, said I looked like a black guy. Soooooo....How was your Monday???

You think plugs suck, try doing the Vacuum Brake Booster Recall on an F150. :puke:puke

Could be worse, you could be winding out cab bolts that are 8 inches long, that are have thread locker on them, BY HAND, no impacts-impacts break the cage nuts inside the cab. F-en International and their F-en 6.0L and 6.4L engines. :WHope the new 6.7L diesel that was designed IN HOUSE, will be much better. :w

2000 Expedition 5.4,Didn't brake a one!!:D
Still "Sucked" though!!:L:L:L

:thumb:beer

That is old enough you wouldn't have a problem with them. Hard to tell what it was from that pic, could tell it was a truck. They look similar anyway.

That is old enough you wouldn't have a problem with them. Hard to tell what it was from that pic, could tell it was a truck. They look similar anyway.
I had to tow one of those expeditions 240mi cause it blew the sparkplug out of the head.:pukei made $500 on the tow though:D towed it with my chevy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom