Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Review: Automatic gratification: 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible loses nothing when left to shift for itself

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Automatic gratification: 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible loses nothing when left to shift for itself

The 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is now an even more enticing and modernized take on America’s sports car. Fitted with a new 8-speed automatic transmission, the Corvette still offers blistering performance, a fantastic V-8 soundtrack, and even better fuel economy than before.

BY Nick Kurczewski
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Oh yes, this Corvette Stingray is easily dismissed by diehards as being softer, cushier, and a lazier alternative to the shift-for-yourself 7-speed manual gearbox model.

Heck, this one is even a convertible, which counts as another strike against it amongst sports car purists.

But when you roll onto the accelerator and power through corners, this Vette has all the attitude and fantastic driving dynamics that have made the C7 such a revelation.

For the first time in a long time, people under the age of 40 are seriously abuzz about the latest and greatest Corvette to roll off the production line in Bowling Green. I’ve driven the new Stingray fitted with a manual and automatic, though it has been more than a year since I had gotten acquainted with the car. To be honest, choosing between the two gearboxes was a toss-up decision during my impressive first impression of the C7 Corvette.

Full Story: Automatic gratification: 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible loses nothing when left to shift for itself - NY Daily News

Attachments

• 2015-corvette-stingray.jpg
    2015-corvette-stingray.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 137

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom