Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aztek vs. C6

97RedCorvette

With a 50 year legacy such as Corvette, the honor of designing the exterior of America’s Sports Car had to be a sought after dream job for anyone at GM. The person for the job: Tom Peters. Peters designed the Pontiac Aztek. (My apologies to anyone who has actually purchased one of these monstrosities-of-the-automotive-industry). Fortunately, Peters brought little else forward other than his experience when penning the lines of the C6. My first impression is I LIKE IT. Next week, I’ll be in Detroit for an up-close and personal view.

I’m sure I’ll like the C6 even more if I can get that horrible Aztek image out of my head. :crazy

My understanding is that the Aztec was a 'design by committee' and Peters was the fall guy. The C6 is an amazing car, at least by looks. I can't wait to see the Z06 or whatever the next upgrade will be called.

Greg

I think the Aztek is a neat car. If you don't like it, don't buy one. That said, I really love the style of the C6, it is a refreshing change from the C5, which is too big. I'm glad the Corvette went on a diet, it really needed one.

What about this Aztek. I saw this one today at the Show in Detroit. It's a C5R motor with some extra added power and is sitting on 22's!!!

97RedCorvette said:
With a 50 year legacy such as Corvette, the honor of designing the exterior of America’s Sports Car had to be a sought after dream job for anyone at GM. The person for the job: Tom Peters. Peters designed the Pontiac Aztek. (My apologies to anyone who has actually purchased one of these monstrosities-of-the-automotive-industry). Fortunately, Peters brought little else forward other than his experience when penning the lines of the C6. My first impression is I LIKE IT. Next week, I’ll be in Detroit for an up-close and personal view.

I’m sure I’ll like the C6 even more if I can get that horrible Aztek image out of my head. :crazy

Gosh, if you say the Aztek is a monstrosity, it must be true.:eyerole

Re: Re: Aztek vs. C6

Huckleberry said:
Gosh, if you say the Aztek is a monstrosity, it must be true.:eyerole

Apologies if I hit a nerve within the Aztec fan base. No offense intended.

I don't own one and probably never will. I just don't like people cutting down other's cars. What might be ugly to you or me might be a jewel to someone else.

I also apologize if I came off too harsh.

i agree, 97, that Aztec is a monster an who knew that the same person could make such a cool looking c6. got some sensitive people online it looks like. Huckdudes got to relax:L

A terribly misinformed rumor I know, but I was told for the longest time by various people that the Aztek was the result of letting a second grade class design a car.

Peters also did the Stingray III and LT-5. I like his work.
George

No one was cutting anyone else down. We all have a right to disagree on how a car looks to us.

A statement of how a car looks to you is, by the definition of its content, inherently an opinion. This type of comment can be nothing but an opinion. Thus, mentioning "in my opinion" after such a statement is functionally unnecessary.

With that said, the Pontiac Aztek is an abomination.

97RedCorvette said:
Apologies if I hit a nerve within the Aztec fan base. No offense intended.

Fortunately for you the Aztec fan base is a very small group.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom