Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

B&B Performance Exhaust - C5 Bullet

Corvette
2000 Dark Bowling Green Metalic Convertable
I just bought a 2000 C5 and it came with a new performance exhaust system. It was a new addition and was installed when traded (on a new C6) but the dealer put the car back to stock so it would pass inspection. There are no markings on the stainless to indicate brand but by looking at pictures on links through the Portal, I think it is a bullet system from B&B Performance Exhaust. No mufflers or CATs, just an inch or so bulge in the pipe.

Does anyone have experience with this system?

I'll try to post some pictures to aid in identifying what the brand is.

exhust

I have the b&B bullet exhust .I love it .I have a 2000 .

rwpeders said:
I just bought a 2000 C5 and it came with a new performance exhaust system. It was a new addition and was installed when traded (on a new C6) but the dealer put the car back to stock so it would pass inspection. There are no markings on the stainless to indicate brand but by looking at pictures on links through the Portal, I think it is a bullet system from B&B Performance Exhaust. No mufflers or CATs, just an inch or so bulge in the pipe.

If it is a B&B 2-tip for a C5 it will be really loud [95+ dba] and have a really annoying resonance from 1950-2250 rpm which an x-pipe will not eliminate.

Robert YellowVette said:
If it is a B&B 2-tip for a C5 it will be really loud [95+ dba] and have a really annoying resonance from 1950-2250 rpm which an x-pipe will not eliminate.

You describe how it sounded perfectly. Radios and conversations were not possible.

I'll take some pictures of it today.

Robert YellowVette said:

yup my wife hates it, I love it I have been adding sound deadner and have quieted it down some inside but the rear bumper area is like a big sound chamber. Its not bad with the roof off and the windows down.

rwpeders said:

Here is a picture. Can someone confirm which brand and model this is?

Robert YellowVette said:

But that's a good thing, right?:D

Edmond said:
But that's a good thing, right?:D
The loudness on acceleration including WOT would have been acceptable since B&B do warn it is the loudest system they sell, but the resonance from 1950-2250 rpm [They claim there is none...] was completely unacceptable at highway cruise speeds.

B & B BULLET....Look here!!!

bossvette said:
yup my wife hates it, I love it I have been adding sound deadner and have quieted it down some inside but the rear bumper area is like a big sound chamber. Its not bad with the roof off and the windows down.
\\

WOW, this is the best performance improvement any man could invest in. The exhaust rumbles, with yes.... almost NO resonance (convert). Check out this pic of my wife's reaction to the LOUD A** B&B BULLET EXHUAST!!!! They were wet from the spin around the block! Gotta love AMERICAS ONLY SPORTS CAR!!!
Steve

The B&B's I have heard make the idle on a Vette sound like a motor boat motor.

ocguy said:
\\

...Check out this pic of my wife's reaction to the LOUD A** B&B BULLET EXHUAST!!!!
Steve

Steve,
I'd really like to see that pic of your wife's reaction.

Are you needing a little assistance in Posting Pics? The link is to a thread in the Site Help and Feedback Forum, and I'd draw your attention to Tammy's Post #2 in that thread for some specific direction on either uploading pics or importing them from another website.

If you get stuck or have any questions, post back in here or PM me.

:w
-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom