Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

B2K NCRS TOP FLIGHT AT NATIONAL CONVENTION

LIFTMAN

Corvette
1989,CALLAWAY,1962,1966 BIGBLOCK ROADSTER, 2001
:)
MY 1989 B2K WAS AWARDED A TOP FLIGHT AT THE RECENT NCRS CONVENTION
IN BOSTON THE CAR SCORED 4420 POINTS OUT OF A POSSIBLE 4500 POINTS . AS IN THE PAST CERTAIN UNIQUE CALLAWAY ITEMS WERE BROUGHT UP AND IN MOST CASES WERE DECIDED IN MY FAVOR. HAVING A CAR NCRS JUDGED BRINGS MORE THAN A FEW NERVOUS MOMENTS, AND A LOT OF PREPERATION.
I WAS HONORED TO HAVE DAVE MCLELLAN SIGN MY AWARD CERTIFICATE AND SHAKE MY HAND.
THANKS TO 89X2 AND TURBO LUIGI FOR THEIR HELP AND INFORMATION , WITH OUT THEM I WOULD NOT HAVE SCORED AS HIGH. THE CAR WILL BE IN CARLISLE
FOR THE REUNION HOPE TO SEE AND MEET EVERYONE THERE
LIFTMAN {MARK]

Congrats on the Top Flight. Is this the first B2k to recieve that honor?

Congrats! Any pictures?

What an honor! I know the preparation and the nervousness that comes along with having your Vette judged. If you have never gone through the process, it is very hard to imagine how nerve-wracking it is.

SAVE THE :w

Congrats on the Top Flight. Is this the first B2k to recieve that honor?

the national team leader told me they have judged other callaways, mine has been judged three times, but he did not say how they scored. a aerobody car can not score a top flight because it was not a chevy dealer option. However they are looking at the automatic transmissions , it looks like it will have a very minor deduction
liftman

the national team leader told me they have judged other callaways, mine has been judged three times, but he did not say how they scored. a aerobody car can not score a top flight because it was not a chevy dealer option. However they are looking at the automatic transmissions , it looks like it will have a very minor deduction
liftman

Mark, Congratulations on your achievement! It must be a great honor in the company you now keep with your perfect car! :cool Very cool! :cool

As I am sure you know (from our discussions) the NCRS "book" was written and remains based on 1987 cars. That has presented more than a few issues when it comes to judging these 1988+ Callaways. Heck, the info for 1987's isn't even perfect :WAs you mentioned, automatics are being reviewed now and it was amazing that up until last month, the idea (from the NCRS) was the cars must have been manual cars to begin with, as the one they saw was converted from a 4+3 car. ;squint: Clearly, that car was an exception, not the rule and one must be VERY careful when drafting a manaul such as this, incorporating the facts. :cool

See you and your showcar in Carlisle - it will be a great car to have out there on the fields :w

Mark: Great job!! Do you still have OEM style Goodyears on Dymags? Another Callaway I'd like to see. I'm really sad that I can't make Carlisle work this year. It look like it is going to be a great event. :w

the tires and dymags are original, the car has 20,165 original miles on it , the tires still have good tread on them but they are getting old. i am thinking of going to bloomington next year and then vettefest to get the triple crown. after that i will replace them, but i will keep them for any future judging

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom