Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: B4P fan question

Corvette
1988 Bright Red Coupe
My aux fan doesn't seem to turn on, I direct wired it to test the motor and it works fine...Does it activate from the same relay and temperature sending unit as the main fan?;shrug
88 Coupe

Thank you vetteoz!
Okay, so that switch between 1 & 3 Cylinders only controls the fan and not the temperature gauge?

I noticed the connector for that particular switch is pretty much cooked, so I'll look into replacing that as well.

not the temperature gauge?I noticed the connector for that particular switch is pretty much cooked, so I'll look into replacing that as well.

Temp gauge sender is between # 6 & 8 cyl ; has spade terminal connector. The fan switch (if fitted , not all cars have aux fan ) has a button type connector

New connector with pigtail here ; about $10
www.eficonnection.com
They turn their site off when out of town ; will be back up 1st Sept:thumb

TPI connectors
http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/tpi_pigtails.aspx

Awesome! Many Thanks! Much appreciated
Seems you helped me out with the starter issue last week...has not happened again, but it is not near as hor either. I did buy a new starter still have yet to install it, and I picked up a VATS bypass for stand by.
Back to the cooked connector, I will slowely but surely replace much of the connectors under the hood, seems the take a hit from the heat and age,I just did the wires and plug to the ignition module yesterday as a precaution.
Do you have any knowledge concerning the hype about the 160 degree thermostats and chips? Just as a passing thought....

I will slowely but surely replace much of the connectors under the hood, seems the take a hit from the heat and age,

When Mikes's (EFI Connection) site is back up , you will see he has every underhood connector for a TPI.As you have found out ,most are bad from old age so have abuy up.:thumb
Especially check your relay connectors; the old style non "weatherpak" ones commonly loose their insulation giving faults and shorts

Thermo reading; hotly debated topic, never going too get agreement
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...mance/49862-thermostat-poll-160-vs-180-a.html

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom