Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BABY wins her first trophy!!

Congratulations on your trophy. I'm not a Corvette owner but I am amused at you being surprised you won "Even with the blistered paint". You have a car that everyone drools over and everyone appreciates, owner or not. Everybody appreciates seeing these cars in the shape they are in and respect the care and expense all of you go to. Next time you're at a show watch the faces as people approach your cars. No surprise all ages seem to get that same look! Timeless enjoyment and dreams. Difference is you get to drive it home! Congrats again and best of luck on your next show too.

mattyg92 said:
Barry

congrats on that win!!!!

I always love that show even to just hang out

also thank you for the great picture of my car! :_rock

Hi Matt

It WAS fun to hang out with everyone. Still new to the club, Linda and I love doing these events and getting to know everyone else.
I'll tell Linda you liked the picture - she's is the photographer. If you see her at an event you can pretty much count on her having a camera.
BTW, she only had the prints made just so we could let everyone have a pic of their car right than and there at the show. She also had all the images put on a CD we are coping for Janet for the club newsletter and website.

Barry

mattyg92 said:
Barry

congrats on that win!!!!

I always love that show even to just hang out

also thank you for the great picture of my car! :_rock

Matt, I just looked more closely at your avatar. it that pic from one of the prior Concord Mall events?

Rain said:
Way to go! - You too!?!?

Mine took 2nd in Wash N Show at Vettes by the Shore

Rain

congrats Rain!!
it sure feels good to hold that trophy in your hands doesn't it??!!
:upthumbs
this was my very first one and we all know that we never forget our first.....(yes, I'm still talking cars here, i think)
:D

Z28Canuck said:
Congratulations on your trophy. I'm not a Corvette owner but I am amused at you being surprised you won "Even with the blistered paint". You have a car that everyone drools over and everyone appreciates, owner or not. Everybody appreciates seeing these cars in the shape they are in and respect the care and expense all of you go to. Next time you're at a show watch the faces as people approach your cars. No surprise all ages seem to get that same look! Timeless enjoyment and dreams. Difference is you get to drive it home! Congrats again and best of luck on your next show too.

Hi Z
in many ways are are very correct. not one person even mentioned the blistered paint on the hood at all. I guess being the owner I noticed it more than anyone else and it bothers me more than anyone else. I'm very counsious of any flaws on the car of which there are plenty but most people, especially non-vette owners are really just admiring the car and either never notice the flaws at all or are very willing to disregard them realizing it's still a beautiful car and almost 40 years old to boot! Geez, the car and I are the same age (our birthdays are 3 weeks apart - both in '65) and I have a lot more flaws than the car
;LOL
Seeing the people come over and look at the car is really fun too and I love talking to them about it and answering their questions. A few people had young kids and the kids were going crazy over the car. even though a lot of us had our cars "roped" off I let a few of the kids under the ropes around BABY and had them sit in the car. (no food or icecream with them though) It really made the kids day!! Seeing their excited expressions was great and even their parents were thrilled to see their kids having such happiness from such a simple act. I look at it as encouraging the next generation to love these cars as much as all of us here do.

Barry

JohnZ said:
Congratulations, Barry - now you have to be careful not to catch "the fever" :D

John

I think it's too late for that!
LOL
Even my wife is wondering where we should start the "Corvette Collection" area.
:beer
It is great to have such a supportive wife in this "hobby"

JL66REDCPE said:
Barry - congratulations -- I was hoping to see the car at Fox Run Saturday Evening.

Hi JL

I was hoping to be at Fox Run myself but our plans got a bit changed. Had to run down to Baltimore for the day. a friend of my wife was visiting from Germany where he has lived for the last 10 years because of his job. She hadn't seen him in that long so all the "old gang" were having a party. I originally planned on going down for the day than making it back in time for Fox Run but than she wanted to stay longer for the BBQ. We didn't make it home until 8pm.
I learned a lesson on Sat though. After you completely clean and detail a car on Fri. to get it ready for a show on Sun, DO NOT drive it to Baltimore to visit friends on Sat! I decided we would drive down to Baltimore in the Vette to "show her off" since none of her friends had seen BABY yet. Well, while we were done there it rained. Luckily it stopped and dried out so I didn't have to drive back through the rain but I still had to rewash the car when we got home that night at 8m, plus quick detail it, redo the chrome, windows, tires, wheels.......another 3 hours to get her ready for Sun!
Oh well, Fox Run is every month now but her friend only comes back once in 10 years and she is so supportive of everything else she deserves her time of fun also. I already have FR on the calender for next month though assuming good weather. Hopefully we can see each others cars at next month's FR event if not sooner. Do you ever do the Kahuna events on Sun?

Congratulations!!! It's a great feeling, isn't it, to walk away with a trophy?!!;)

Elaine

BarryK said:
Seeing the people come over and look at the car is really fun too and I love talking to them about it and answering their questions. A few people had young kids and the kids were going crazy over the car. even though a lot of us had our cars "roped" off I let a few of the kids under the ropes around BABY and had them sit in the car. (no food or icecream with them though) It really made the kids day!! Seeing their excited expressions was great and even their parents were thrilled to see their kids having such happiness from such a simple act. I look at it as encouraging the next generation to love these cars as much as all of us here do.

Barry
Kudos to you for making the Kids day I'm not much on shows but I do go from time to time and will let the kids sit in my old beast. Congrats on the trophy but more so on on the drive to Baltimore to visit old friends, Your Corvette most likely enjoyed the ride more.
Just get up early on the day of the show if you want to clean your car;LOL

GS Diva said:
Congratulations!!! It's a great feeling, isn't it, to walk away with a trophy?!!;)

Elaine

Elaine

it sure is!!
I was smiling so hard when I went up to get the trophy I thought my face might freexe that way permantly!
LOL

bossvette said:
Kudos to you for making the Kids day I'm not much on shows but I do go from time to time and will let the kids sit in my old beast. Congrats on the trophy but more so on on the drive to Baltimore to visit old friends, Your Corvette most likely enjoyed the ride more.
Just get up early on the day of the show if you want to clean your car;LOL

Hi Boss

yeah, it actually felt pretty good seeing the kids smiles (and I'm REALLY NOT much of a people person).
I'm sure BABY enjoyed the drive to Baltimore, she got to stretch her legs a bit instead of just doing short trips around town.
Well, I DID get up early to clean the car that morning. Even after 3 hours the night before I still had a few things left to do. I was up by 5am to get the odds and ends done, than had to be in front of the mall at 7:30 to get the car inside!

Congrats Berry,

Nice to see your efforts paying off and that you are sharing your car with future Corvette owners.

Tom

Tom Bryant said:
Congrats Berry,

Nice to see your efforts paying off and that you are sharing your car with future Corvette owners.

Tom

Hi Tom

yes, it's kind of nice to encourage the young kids on these old cars. Better to get their interest in American cars like Vettes and other old "Muscle" cars than have them go the "Rice Burner" way!
:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom