Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Back in black...

*89x2*

Cool article! :cool

*note the early fender decal and the name, CR-1. This was before they were simply called SuperNatural 475, etc.

93vipervette.jpg

93vipervette001.jpg

93vipervette002.jpg

93vipervette003.jpg

93vipervette004.jpg

93vipervette005.jpg

93vipervette006.jpg

93vipervette007.jpg

I don't like the way the early RT/10s look. Everything past 1996 was so much better though! But I still don't like the lack of ABS. I'm no expert, but I don't think they had ABS til about 2001, and that's likely the reason you (used to, and still do) see so many Vipers with front end damage.

If I had my own garage mahal, I'd have a '97 GTS blue with white stripes in there for sure.

gets me to thinking of buying an aero body to round out my snat . ? would doing that hurt the value of the car ?

Sweet, I think that's the first article featuring a Black CR1.
:lou

well you talked me into it ordered one today .price isnt all that bad not cheep but if the parts are good quality and i bet they are. thankfully i have a bunch that can do very hi quality body and paint work and they owe me big time .i will post pic when we get her done .

well you talked me into it ordered one today .price isnt all that bad not cheep but if the parts are good quality and i bet they are. thankfully i have a bunch that can do very hi quality body and paint work and they owe me big time .i will post pic when we get her done .

Sounds good! :cool Keeping the stock color of the car?

Sounds good! :cool Keeping the stock color of the car?
yes i think that would be the best plan. people really seem to have a problem when you change colors , not that i am looking to sell it once its done ,far from it , the artic white has kind of grown on me :) doing the body kit from them seems easy everything is bolt on except for the doors . so we are ging to paint everything before putting it on the car. i can hardly wait to do this . but then i need good wheels . what ones do you guys/gals like on the areo body

yes i think that would be the best plan. people really seem to have a problem when you change colors , not that i am looking to sell it once its done ,far from it , the artic white has kind of grown on me :) doing the body kit from them seems easy everything is bolt on except for the doors . so we are ging to paint everything before putting it on the car. i can hardly wait to do this . but then i need good wheels . what ones do you guys/gals like on the areo body

The door panels overlay the factory doors. It is easier than it looks...

A nice set of OZ wheels would be cool. DYmags of course would be best.

congrats on the aerobody purchase...i have to admit now i am jealous...LOL..my next callaway purchase in the future is going to be a supernatural ZR1 and then install an aerobody if need be...I think you are definitely doing the right thing...down the road I believe the aerobodied cars will be worth more...I absolutely love the deep dish rims for the zr1...has to be 36 mm offset in my opinion and oz's or dymags are going to be extremely difficult to find...a nice set of polished HRE wheels would be nice but an expensive alternative until the deep dish dymags pop up :) definitely add some photos even during the install would be really cool...once again good luck with the install and ur definitely doing the ultimate option for the car

thanks all for the kind words , i am getting excited just thinking about it ,xmas early . does the black car in the article have oz wheels ?. if anyone knows where there is a set of either oz or dymags please let me know . my buddy mark the painter is trying to talk me into the g/s stripe in red which would match the interior . the stripe is the 1 big one that goe down the center of the car,he said he could even do it as a ghost stripe , he really is an amazing painter what he can do blows my mind . what do you all think ????????

thanx for the heads up on the wheels . they are 56 mm offset which are wrong for the back . but could i fit them on the front ? or would they look goofy. i talked with mark ,and we will do a video of the install so that others doing this themselves can see what if any issues crop up during install ,also how to adjust things so they fit just right

hello again..oz's are on the black car..also you need to buy a set,the problem is finding 36mm offset for the rear.you should look online and find other photos of cars that are white with a stripe..I have seen a couple..I think if the stripe is done right it will look fantastic . u just dont want the car to be called a GS instead of a callaway. I mean that would be my only concern..either way it will look awesome especially with some nice polished wheels

cliff thanx for your thoughts , i thought the same thing about the stripe . i am thinking that keeping it pure white might look best. i do want to try to find some of the oz wheels if possible as to me they really make the car with an aero body . i would have bought the black car if i could have got it for 35-40 but 50 just a little to pricey for my taste.if anyone has a line on oz wheels please get ahold of me thanx guys /gals for your responces they helped a bunch .

Hey Chris, What issue of R&T is that? Cover shot Please! I like to add back issues to my collection, if I can find them. Thanks, :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom