Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Back on the road w/ new trailing arms

crause

Corvette
75 Convertible-steel blue / 2000 lt. pewter conv.
Well, the winter project is over. After more than two months in a buddies shop, I finally have my ride back. I will try to post a few pics but usually don't have much luck. Just to list a few items: 6 new spicer HD u-joints, new calipers/pads and hubs, new trailing arms because mine were too far gone. Had the trailing arms done my Mike at Classic Corvette, could not give him higher praise!! Great job for great price. I am bringing it to my local Chevy dealer (has corvette expert) for 4 wheel alignment and back on the road.:m

Andy

Are those stock calipers painted black or are they aftermarket? I like the look of the black calipers and black painted rotor centers. What did Classic Corvette do for you if you bought the T/A's new? Assemble them?

Lookin good. Have Fun with it !
:beer

The calipers and rotors are from O'reilly auto parts, both are wagner and lifetime warranty. I painted both with caliper paint that I also got at O'reilly. I sent my whole trailing arm assembly to Classic Corvettes and Mike checked everything over. The trailing arms themselves were too rusted to take a chance of rebuilding. Mike gave me a great deal on brand new powder coated trailing arms for $135 each. Everything else on my old arms was able to be reused. He machined the spindles on his lathe and put new bearings with mobile 1 grease. He even powder coated (gray) all of the other exposed metal of the old parts. All new ss parking brake parts, new lug studs and I am sure other things i don't remember. I was very cautious going into this because you could send your arms to somebody and they could tell you everything is shot and sell you everything new. When all was said and done it was just under $1000. I would highly recommend Mike at Classic Corvettes (no I am not getting any endorsement money) I have more pics of the whole project if you need more.

Andy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom