Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Back on the road

R

RalleyRed

My 68 is now sporting a bit over 400hp, I couldn't be happier.

Here's what I've got

The 385 FastBurn Crate motor (385hp/385 ft/lbs

with the Hot Cam from GM (430hp/430ft/lbs)

Cranes Race Gold 1:6 Roller Rockers

March UnderDrive Aluminum Pulleys

A new dual feed Holley 750 w/ vaccum secondaries

along with a K&N air filter, I may add the K&N lid soon too.

Summitts fuel line w/ fuel pressure gauge

GM's chrome valve covers ( may change these soon)

Taylors Pro Spiral Plug wires

AC Delco Race Gear Reduction Starter

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head guy's.

We fired her up on a test stand Thursday night, broke her in at the suggested 2000 rpms for 20 minutes.
No leaks and it sounded great.
Friday night I brought her home at about 10pm.

I spent about 4 hours Saturday breaking in the clutch, God this is a huge improvement.
I had to cheapen up and didn't buy sidepipes or even put one of my sets of headers on as the aluminumized pipes are pretty new.
That said I'm impressed with how this thing sounds and how well it performs using my original Ramhorns and 2 1/2 inch pipes.

Now it's time for a major clean and detail job and off to get it lowered, that'll leave the interior to contend with. it's presentable but i want it perfect.

I just wanted to let you all know how happy I am.

:J
And how hot a set-up this is, at least for me!:bu

I'm having trouble with my pictures, but I promise to get'em loaded ASAP.

BTW Saturday while breaking in the clutch I passed 4 C5's and 2 C3's waved to each of them and not so much as a nod from any of them. While it was depressing it won't stop me from waving to each and every Vette I run into. Though I did get a thumbs up from a 1st Gen Camero.

Rick:cool

Nice

Sounds Super Rick, as long as YOU"RE happy with it, that's all that matters. I'm glad for you too, I know what it's like, been there, done that, but when it was done, Man O' Man, what a ride:bu

Thanks guy's,

This was a long time coming, it amazed me how well everthing went once i gathered up all the parts.

See ya all at the SharkFest.

Rick

Wow.I'd love to have that beast under my 81's hood.I'm happy for you RallyeRed.

Rick , good deal man. Thats awesome . I realy like that engine package. Opting for the hot cam and 1.6's is the way to go too. Congrats and have fun.
Dave

Pictures! We need pictures! :D Sounds like you're going to be pretty happy driving now. So post pictures already! :Silly

Congrats! You have come a long way in the last several months. Now, don't get so overwhelmed by your new powerplant that you forget to go back and put some high output exhaust to compliment all that heavy breathing that beast is doing. Don't want to choke her!

So, will you be making Sharkfest over the Labor Day Weekend?

Congrats!

Sounds like you're going to have fun with your new beast!

Enjoy & keep waving anyway even if "they" don't!!

Barb :w

Chris,

Thank-you, and hell yes I'll be there. Hopefully by then I'll be able to redo the exhaust using either Hooker Super Comps or better yet sidepipes.

Barb,

I'll wave til either my arm falls off or they learn what the wave is all about.
I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Rick

Man that sounds super. Sounds like one really nice ride. Looking forward to meeting you at the bash:beer

Oh, by the way. Passed an 80 this weekend. It was the only wave I got. Something about us C3 owners:w (ok,I know,let me have it :eyerole )

:cool

c4ever said:
Oh, by the way. Passed an 80 this weekend. It was the only wave I got. Something about us C3 owners:w (ok,I know,let me have it :eyerole )

:cool

Actually, I had a big disappointment this weekend when a fellow chrome-bumper shark didn't wave back! :( But the C4 I saw did wave :D.

Never fails, when I'm not in the Vette I see more Vettes than I do when I'm driving it!

What's the world coming to Barb?:L :L :L

:w :w :w Here's a wave for that BB

Way to go Rick! I love it when a plan comes together:D!

- Eric :w

Hey BB,
You know us C4 owners have very friendly personalities:)
kimmy

That the way to go .. Im kicking myself for not getting a creat motor. Im ruffly $3000 into my engine and having lots of problems to iron out.

Rick,
I'm glad everything worked out for you. I gotta "juice up" my "paultry" 330hp crate motor now. 400hp sounds awesome compared to mine. If your ever headed out to my part of New York, send me an e-mail. We can can get together and check out each others vette's.

......385 FastBurn....man, totally awesome....:BOW to the engine gods.:D Later, Sarge

BBB454 said:

Never fails, when I'm not in the Vette I see more Vettes than I do when I'm driving it!

Hey Barb, I think you hit the nail on the head. I am guilty of not waving back when I am behind the wheel of the Vette. I don't know what it is, but the driving experience usually has me pre-0ccupied when behind the wheel of the C4 or C5. I often catch a glimpse of another vette as it has already passed by. Too late to wave.

When I drive our non-vette cars, I too see Vettes everywhere, (seems like that is where I see the most of them) then I feel like a dork when my arm makes and automatic wave to some guy and here I am in a truck, or worse yet, the Geo days.

Oh, here is a funny. You know you waive at a person you know different than a stranger. The other day I was cruising through town in the 90 with my top popped. I saw (what I thought was Nikki) in a red C5 coming the other way. I saw a snippit of blonde hair, the 00 rims, and bright red paint. So, I gave out a friendly waive (like, see you later baby....kiss, kiss) type thing. As I looked closer just as we passed (it was making a left turn and waiting in the median) it was a dude! He looked at me like I had lost my marbles. Doh!

Then, just to confirm my blunder, I pulled into the driveway, hit the garage door button, and there was Nikki's shinny red rocket parked in the garage untouched for the last couple of hours. Doh, Doh!

So, some dude in a red C5 thinks I have the hots for him now.

(you see, now I am scarred...and I bet he is too, so I can't seem to waive the way I use to)..........

So, some dude in a red

So, some dude in a red C5 thinks I've got the hots for him now.
:L :L :L :L :L

Next thing you know you won't even wave to Nikki for fear that it maybe your new friend.:eek

He looked at me like I had lost my marbles. Doh!

:L :L :L

That is a hilarious story, Chris! Now if you see a red C5 following you around you won't know if it's Nikki or your new friend... :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom