Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

baldwin motion hood

LT1+Z28

hey i just registered here whats goin on everyone.
i like the hood on the 69 baldwin motion vette. anyone know where i can get one like that for my 68 vette? i got an L-88 hood on it right now but i like the air scoop on the motion one. thanks.

heres what the motion hood looks like:

69BMVett-003.jpg

i like the hood on the 69 baldwin motion vette. anyone know where i can get one like that for my 68 vette? i got an L-88 hood on it right now but i like the air scoop on the motion one. thanks.

69BMVett-003.jpg
Hey LT1 + Z28, Can't help you with the hood issue, but I can say welcome to the Corvette Action Center. Lot's of info and great people here. Someone will know where to get one of those hoods. Your avatar says that you're from Mass. Whereabouts????? I live on the South Shore.
Andy :w

Joel Rosen (Motion Performance) simply added a '67 big-block scoop (minus the front stinger) to the top of the C3 big-block hoods.

Welcome to the :CAC

Their '68 catalogue cover.....
1zn7ggj.jpg

Hey LT1 + Z28, Can't help you with the hood issue, but I can say welcome to the Corvette Action Center. Lot's of info and great people here. Someone will know where to get one of those hoods. Your avatar says that you're from Mass. Whereabouts????? I live on the South Shore.
Andy :w

yeah im from haverhill up near NH border. hope to get alot of tips from yall when the vette comes out in a couple months!! this car is actually my step dads but ive been driving it im mostly the only one who drives it. lookin to add some aftermarket seats with 3 point harness and a couple of flowmaster super 40's this summer!

67heaven, i know how they made it and all i really have to do is mold on a scoop ontop of the hood i already have and repaint it, but i want a whole aftermarket hood. i dont wanna mess with the one now.

Joel Rosen (Motion Performance) simply added a '67 big-block scoop (minus the front stinger) to the top of the C3 big-block hoods...

Yep. Motion usually made their own hoods. You'll have to do the same. BTW: the '67 stinger was popular, but Motion had others. If you look at pictures of other Motion Corvettes, you'll see different hoods.

:)

Yep. Motion usually made their own hoods. You'll have to do the same. BTW: the '67 stinger was popular, but Motion had others. If you look at pictures of other Motion Corvettes, you'll see different hoods.

:)

ok so youre pretty sure they dont make an after market one?

:w welcome to CAC! i suggest you check out sites like eckler's and corvette central, rik's and paragon. i don't ever recall seeing an aftermarket hood like the one you are looking for.
good luck, hope you find it.

steve

Check out www.vanacorvette.com. Call them and maybe they could work with you. I've been there to their shop and they are super nice people. They gave me a tour of the place and told me to call if I needed anything in fiberglass. The are in DesAllemands, La. between New Orleans and Houma.

RE hood for sale by PARANIOD

PARANIOD, I reallylike that stinger hood. Is that something you bought from vanacorvette or handmade? Got friend that i just put motor in his 68 and have rpm airgap manifold on. need a little more hood clearance. that hood would be the cats ass. if you would, please reply. Thanks speedy427

69BMVett-003.jpg

Hey Neighbor, I live next door to you! I am in Merrimac MA! Nice to have another vette owner in these parts :)

PARANIOD, I reallylike that stinger hood. Is that something you bought from vanacorvette or handmade? Got friend that i just put motor in his 68 and have rpm airgap manifold on. need a little more hood clearance. that hood would be the cats ass. if you would, please reply. Thanks speedy427

It's not a stinger hood. It's an original Baldwin Motion short hood, fits 68-72's.

It came off this:

8a90_1.JPG

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom