Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ballpark cost to prep small block for ~550hp (& SF Bay shop rec)

Corvette
1970 LT-1 Resto-Mod, 1977 L48 (parting out)
Finally got to the bottom of my engine problems and it's a cracked (original '70 LT-1) block. :(

Fortunately I have another '70 010 350 block waiting in the wings. I intend to reuse all parts possible so I shouldn't even have to rebalance, less bearings and rings of course, and any other wear items that aren't coming to mind.

I want the best of everything but nothing race-specific or exotic. The only major change will be to add splayed 4-bolt mains. Also it's a 383 stroker and will need to be clearanced as such. It dyno'd just over 600HP with an IR intake but is now a 4-barrel TB.

Can someone let me know what cost ballpark I may be in to get this block sorted assuming it checks out okay?

Also machine shop recommendations in the SF Bay Area would be appreciated. Thanks.

I actually live in the Bay Area, and my buddy has a 9 second 01 z06 built from Redline Motorsports out of Burlingame, give them a shot, or there is a Vette shop on the East bay, I forgot the name, but the guy is a Pro, every employee must own 3 corvettes and pass a written and visual test to work there, a bit extreme I know, however Ive seen his work and its amazing.

Sean

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom