Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Barret Jackson -- 98 Indy 500 $100k!!

I agree that the car is going into a collection and will not see much road time. There are a lot of boomers out there right now with a lot of money to play with. Somehow the money part missed me but if I had deep pockets and there was a car I really wanted it would be mine, no matter the cost. I think that is what we are seeing.

As far as actually driving them just look at the value and rarity of the cars in Jay Leno's collection. Every one that is finished is road ready and he drives them all. He got a ticket for unsafe speed for going 70 in one of his Stanley Steamers a while back. For those that are coming to CruiseFest you will notice that every Corvette in the Corvette Classics Museum (51 on display and around 100 in the collection) are all currently licensed. They all get a trip around the I 469 loop around Ft. Wayne occasionally to keep them in road condition. Even the '53s and each one of the complete set of '57 Feulies in every color offered get their turn on the road.

If I owned a car like that Pace car it wouldn't get daily use but I would drive it to shows and cruises ect.

Hey guys-
Yes I have one of the 1163 Pace Car replicas made in '98. According to all the hoopla I've read (and that's a lot!) the only additions made was the strobes and rear hatch cover, and the 5 point harness. Yes, only 3 were made like that and one is in the museum in Bowling Green. They are awesome to drive. mine as around 30k on it! It sees about 4 shows and the Woodward dreamcruise every year (along with a few first dates)
There has been one for sale on the net for years with only108 miles, it is $55k

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom