Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Battery connection

Rabbit

Corvette
2004 C5 coupe, MSGM & 2014 Cad SRX Crystal red
Battery connection. Have never seen a connection of this type. Would like some help on removing. I think I know how it attaches, but not sure & don't want to mess something up. Thank you.

Below is a picture of my 95 ZO7. Had her over 220 years, but time to up grade.
Miss her.

DSCF0489.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    336.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
220 years is a long time.

I have never seen one like that, but I would first remove the negative cable, and then loosen the nut in the photo and twist the cable off.

My 2010 Sierra has the same cables. It's just the way they are now. As already suggested, remove negative lead first. It is just too easy to slip with the wrench and end up welding the wrench to any nearby metal when working on positive post. A good habit to form.

Battery connection. Have never seen a connection of this type. Would like some help on removing. I think I know how it attaches, but not sure & don't want to mess something up. Thank you.

Below is a picture of my 95 ZO7. Had her over 220 years, but time to up grade.
Miss her.

View attachment 25194

My 2010 Sierra has the same cables. It's just the way they are now. As already suggested, remove negative lead first. It is just too easy to slip with the wrench and end up welding the wrench to any nearby metal when working on positive post. A good habit to form.

Thanks for the reply. Will make sure no sparks fly.

220 years is a long time.

I have never seen one like that, but I would first remove the negative cable, and then loosen the nut in the photo and twist the cable off.

Thank you for the reply.

In addition.

While your'e are at it you might want to attach a quick disconnect Battery Tender terminal. Makes it really easy to plug in and stay charged.

While your'e are at it you might want to attach a quick disconnect Battery Tender terminal. Makes it really easy to plug in and stay charged.

I use a float charger to keep the bat. topped.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Merry Christmas.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom