Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: battery corrosion

Corvette
2000 c5 silver coupe blk interior
not my C-5 but my 07 MONTE CARLO car sat in garage for 1 week "CHECK CHARGING SYSTEM "flashed on dic, Battery + POS term allgreen & white corrosion ..Best way to clean ??I m OLD SCHOOL.. DO we still do baking soda & H20 ,,wire brush.. Notta side terminal thin copper at end of cable at battery THANKS !!!:w CARL

Battery corrosion ?

Not too sure what your asking, If it were me I'd go with Arm&hammer Baking Soda & lots of water and then flush the area once you've removed the part/s that are soaked with the sulfuric acid, and once clean and dry I'd paint anywhere the battery acid was with something like "Por-15" a good durable paint and of course replace any parts effected and then get a Optima Red top or any good AGM battery. My $0.02

:w

In this case, the old ways are still the best ways: baking soda mixed with water and a wire brush. Rinse really well once you've used the baking soda mixture to neutralize any battery acid that had leaked.

What I would also be checking for is a leak in the casing of the battery. Corroded battery terminals appearing suddenly while the vehicle is parked inside of a garage would make me suspicious... :ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom