Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Battery Disconnected

Corvette
2000 White Coupe
I am wanting to do a couple of things. I would like to remove and replace my battery cables as well as remove my HVAC system to send away to C5LED to have the lights upgraded/replaced so that I can read it again. I know the negative "must" be removed first and installed last. However, what type of issues can I expect by disconnecting the battery?

Removing the battery will not cause any issues. I do it 4 or 5 times a year since my car is not at home.

Removing the negative cable first is just a standard car safety practice since if you remove the positive side first you could short a wrench to ground.

I am wanting to do a couple of things. I would like to remove and replace my battery cables as well as remove my HVAC system to send away to C5LED to have the lights upgraded/replaced so that I can read it again. I know the negative "must" be removed first and installed last. However, what type of issues can I expect by disconnecting the battery?

If you have a OEM radio and the lock code has been set, when you disconnect the battery you will need to enter the lock code, but the pre-set stations will still be there. Sometimes you have to relearn the fobs if the battery is disconnected long enough, but not always. Be aware that the LED upgrade is for the back lighting only and NOT for the LCD display for the temperature and modes. If you do the LED upgrade for the HVAC control panel it will look a lot different than the OEM stereo (if it is still in the vehicle) and all the other dash lights at night, as the LED's are a lot brighter than the OEM bulbs. Good luck with it. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom