Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Battery drain/electrical short.

Electrical short

I thought it was in my courtesy fuse, but i find that fuse is hot all the time, but will try removing all the fuses to see what happens.....

Although I never did this YET (I think I may have a power drain too, but my car is on a 'trickle charger'), here is what I read on a previous thread.

1.) Disconnect the negative side of your battery.
2.) Install a test light between the negative side of the battery and the negative battery cable.
3.) (If the light is on, you have a drain.)
4.) Unplug all of the fuses on the fuse block. (Hopefully the light will go off at this point.)
5.) One at a time, plug a fuse back in place, and see if the light comes on. (Note which fuse it is, leave it unplugged, then go to the next fuse.)
6.) Hopefully most fuses have been plugged in, and the light is off. The remaining circuits (the ones that cause the light to come on) are the one(s) with the power drain.

The clock will cause a small drain. You can always disconnect it, and see if the clock circuit still has a power drain. Also remember that a 1977 had a car alarm system installed, and this may be causing a drain as well.

I have a 1966-1976 manual at home. Most of the wiring diagrams are pretty much the same for a 1977. (I own a 1977 myself.) If you narrow the drain down to a particular circuit, perhaps I can help trouble-shoot further.

Woody, did you post this in the wrong thread????

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Or what problem are you having,and for what year corvette????

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom