Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

battery draining????

skeds

Corvette
1988 corvette
i sent out my digital cluster because i thought that mat have been my problem to the tune of 400.00 bucks (not the problem but it lights up nice) heres the deal i have a test light rigged to the battery( pos terminal on neg terminal off) as soon as i plug in the top harness on the dic i get the light to go on which means what ???? i've been dealing with this for some time now and would like to fix this problem myself. if there is anyone who has any idea what to do i would appreciate the help..can't afforsd to bring to mechanic. thanks

Hi skeds, Yes you have a battery drain. connect the battery terminal,preferably the positive side, through a meter with everything OFF and measure the amount. Then pull fuses to see where it's from. I had this problem with my sons vette. Dial in Battery Drain on the forum to find the help I received.......Roger.

ive been reading posts and pulled fuses and i have found the drain to be coming from the harness from the upper plug on the digital instr. cluster. cant find whats causing it.if i unplug the cluster the draw goes away. i was wondering if anyone has had the same thing happen to them and what they found.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom