Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

battery problem found

• Thread starter Thread starter blueslady
  • Start date Start date
B

blueslady

Hi i recently posted threads about my battery dying. I need your expertise. My mechanic put the light test on and it was real bright. He found like 4 drains. 1 of them was from afterfactory alram system, and the other 2 were door locks, which he replaced. Then he tried the light again, and the brightness went down to half of what it was. There is a significant drain in the instrument cluster he said. A little drain is normal he said. Still the battery went dead, after fixing 3 of the problems. he siad he needed to take the instrument cluster out, and send it off to be fixed. Now is that normal?? He said there are circuit boards, and all kinds of stuff in there..... Thanks Blueslady

blueslady said:
Hi i recently posted threads about my battery dying. I need your expertise. My mechanic put the light test on and it was real bright. He found like 4 drains. 1 of them was from afterfactory alram system, and the other 2 were door locks, which he replaced. Then he tried the light again, and the brightness went down to half of what it was. There is a significant drain in the instrument cluster he said. A little drain is normal he said. Still the battery went dead, after fixing 3 of the problems. he siad he needed to take the instrument cluster out, and send it off to be fixed. Now is that normal?? He said there are circuit boards, and all kinds of stuff in there..... Thanks Blueslady
The main problem (and I've researched this some in hopes of dumping my digital cluster for analog, unfortanutely there's no bolt in solution) I've heard of in terms of battery drainage from the cluster is the odometer.

How much drain is normal? A test light tells me nothing. I measured a 30 ma drain, that sounds good to me but battery is still dead in the morrning. maybe I just need a new battery.

I'll try and get out my multimeter and test mine this weekend, it works fine so it might be a good baseline.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom