Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Battery replacement on 96 LT4

1996 LT4 Topic
B

BRONCO

I am replacing the battery in my 96 LT4 and I am having a hard time re-attaching the positive terminal to the battery due to the lack of space between the battery and the wheel well. I'm sure someone out there has had this experience. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to the best way to handle this? I would appreciate any advice you may have.
Thanks

My factory manual says to remove the left front fender to replace the battery cable.

I use a racheting 5/16" wrench. Seems to work for me.

You are right. Very tight. Start the bolt slowly.

SAVE THE :w

Get the cable bolt started into the battery prior to clamping the battery down. You should have pleanty of room unless your battery is too large.

Get the cable bolt started into the battery prior to clamping the battery down. You should have pleanty of room unless your battery is too large.

Yes, there is plenty of room with an ole' fashion box wrench or the racheting ones.

Run down to the auto store and purchase a batter wrench, it a real thin ratchet the exact size of the battery bolt. Works perfect.

Run down to the auto store and purchase a batter wrench, it a real thin ratchet the exact size of the battery bolt. Works perfect.

$4 and works great!!!

As little as you think you'll use it, the $4 makes it worth it if you only use it once... :L I have 3 vehicles and find it invaluable...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom