Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

battery tender installation

sci68

Corvette
2002 Chevy Corvette Convertible, Pewter
Good morning,

I purchasd a waterproof battery tender (car is outdoors under a car cover) and was wondering if anyone has installed these before and what you did. The instructions say it needs be installed as far away from the battery and below it, which does not leave much room at all. Was thinking on mounting it on a plastic bucket or something non-combustible (and allows the battery tender and its wire off the ground away from water) and sliding this under the car.

Thanks for your help.

:w

It'd sit it on the top of the right front tire. Run the cable out of the wheel well, over the fender and down to the battery, then throw the cover on it.

Make sure you use an extension cored that's a three-wire type and designed for outdoor use. Also make sure the connection between the extension cord and the charger is in a dry area.

Thanks, that's an excellent idea.:beer

........ The instructions say it needs be installed as far away from the battery and below it,...........

not sure as to the reasoning behind those instructions ;shrug

I've had a Solar brand battery maintainer sitting on top of a battery for 8 years with no problems. the Delco Professional battery is 10 years old and spins an Olds 455 like it's new

I have been using a Battery Tender for years but mine is stored in the garage too. I just use the clips rather than the eyelets that come with it too. Then I just set it on a block of wood on the floor. I also keep one on my mower in the off season. In your case the tire sounds as ideal as you can get.

Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom