Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Beautiful Black Tires...

mxdout165

Corvette
Not Any More :( - '92 Typhoon #2482
...without collecting all the dust! I was cleaning my Ty the other day, and wish I would have figured this out when I had the Vette. I was looking around the shop at work for stuff to clean the tires. There was the usual tire shine products, armor all, bleech white, etc. I am not a fan of the tire shine products because I don't like glossy tires, and they all seem to collect dust and pollen, etc. Living in a dusty area, I know it's bad for the tires. Well, my mom and I decided, "why not" and tried DOW Scrubbing Bubbles. Eureka! It removed all of the road grime and made the tires look like new. Black and not glossy! You can just see the grime come off as you spray it on. Anyone else tried it? I suggest giving it a try...you might just like it!

T Jay

i love that idea
i'm gonna go try it in a minute in fact
i'll tell how it goes when i'm done
:bu

LMAO
sorry about that
had a brain fart or something stupid like that i guess

well, since i was gonna spray household cleaner on my tires, which at this point i'm not very proud of, i decided to try one more
so i sprayed the DOW scrubbing bubbles, "we work hard, so you don't have to"
and on just one tire i sprayed Comet something or another
they both have an oily film afterward
but the comet was sticky and i wiped it away and sprayed dow over it because the Dow's oily film dried nicely and left a slight shine, as best as i could see in setting sunlight
but all in all, he was right on the money
bold black, slight gloss, dry to touch
like new tires
i'm impressed

I'd post some pics after I wash my car tomorrow, but my mom's computer is too old :( :L, and I can't upload them from my Digital Camera. But they do look good! I promise.

T Jay

I live in a very "dusty" area, especially now that we're in our most severe drought in recorded history. The best thing I've found with the Dow product, as opposed to the other "tire cleaners," is that the dust doesn't cling to the tires nearly as bad. After a few days with the other cleaners, you can touch your tires with your finger, and it comes away not only black, but full of dirt and other debris. So far, my tires seem to stay black without the residue and without the dust.

T Jay

How strong is Dow? Is there a problem with overspray damaging chrome or clearcoat wheels?

no no no
Dow scrubbing bubbles has to be one of the friendliest. most useful and convenient cleaning products available
i use it for everything from the bathtub to my leather Ralph Lauren boots when i get them muddy. and now my tires, too. after seeing the results in better light, i'm even more convinced, i see that some areas don't look as good. this is because of not spraying the entire surface fully. don't be greedy with the bubbles. spray on generously.
the stuff is safe. i mean. i've been using it on a $180 pair of leather boots for years. with every pair i've owned.

if anyone knows otherwise i'm sure they'll speak their mind though.

-me

As for removing the clear coat from the wheels, I suppose it's just like any other cleaning agent. If you leave it on for too long, it will probably discolor or remove some of the wax/clear coat. But so far, I haven't seen any evidence of that. The good thing about the foam is that it's easier to control than regular sprays like Wesley's Bleech-White, which will definitely remove the clear coat. With the Dow, you spray on, lightly scrub, and rinse off in a matter of minutes.

I sound like a salesman so I'll stop now. :L

T Jay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom