Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Before & After rims.

I have used 3000 on a DA to clean up the hood on a black 98 Riv I had. Darn thing would look rainbow no matter what I did. Used the garden hose and the DA with 3000 then used two diff grades of buffing compound. Was like a mirror when I got done. I was going to sell it and the hood is the number one in list of things people see. First person that looked bought it. :thumb

BTW it looked like h*ll after the 3000 but it came right to life with the buffing compound.

Scav.
:w

What I had was precut for a DA . A body shop owner friend gave me a couple sheets. Most body shop supply places should have it. If not check with a local body shop.

I just did a google. Found a forum and was stated the Wallmart has it next to the touch up paint .

Scav.

Body shops, okay, but...what is a DA? Seriously? I do not know.

AH! Thanks Glenn. They used to use those to buff aircraft skin.

You can buy a DA from places like Harbor Freight for under $30. You do need a pretty good compressor to run it though.
The work wonders with a buffing pad to wax a car.

Scav.

I see, but I just have a little compressor. Not enough to power anything but filling tires really.
;shrug

Is there any benefit to going on to 3000 paper before the rubbing compound ?

Glenn

Yes, the finer the paper you end up using, the easier the polishing will be. So you pay on one end (paper) to save on the other (polish).

Jake

did you post finished photos of wheels? i'd like to see the final product .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom