Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bent rims

FLIR_man

Corvette
2000 coupe Metallic Blue
I bought new tires this weekend and had two bent rims. The tires were worn even though. After thinking about it, (hours later) I think the shop guy purposely mounted the rim with the new tire on the balance machine so that it would look like a bent rim. Has anyone else had any similar experience? :Roll

Save the wave:w

Did you notice any vibration before replacing the tires. This one is odd. Personally, I suspect the tire balancing machine, mechanic, and/or new tire being out of round. I take mine in this weekend, let us know how you make out. Would suggest a second opinion though.

I did NOT notice any vibration while driving. The first tire on the machine was ok. The second tire went out of control and the operator had to reseat it, and then it only had a small but noticeable variation as it spun. I do think that the operator has a method to produce the bent rim "look" by mounting the tire w/rim just right. Unfortunately I did not think about the scam until after I paid and left. I do not have any proof though.:bash

Save the wave. :w :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom