Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Cam Upgrade for 87 C4 w/L98

Well, if your TPI is stock then you are hitting max hp around 4200 rpms with major fall off after 4800 rpms or so. With the natural torque of a V8 im sure it still feels good to past 5K.

I remember my first street race...against a mustang gt after I got a hypertech chip and a set of flowmaster mufflers. I was shifting at around 5500 rpms with nothing but a chip, k&n, cut lid and flowmaster mufflers.

But I had a 2.73 gear vs your 2.59 so you get to enjoy the hp & tq curve of the tpi more than I did.

Best I ever ran was like a 14.1 around 97 mph.

tntcorvette said:
Well, if your TPI is stock then you are hitting max hp around 4200 rpms with major fall off after 4800 rpms or so. With the natural torque of a V8 im sure it still feels good to past 5K.

I remember my first street race...against a mustang gt after I got a hypertech chip and a set of flowmaster mufflers. I was shifting at around 5500 rpms with nothing but a chip, k&n, cut lid and flowmaster mufflers.

But I had a 2.73 gear vs your 2.59 so you get to enjoy the hp & tq curve of the tpi more than I did.

Best I ever ran was like a 14.1 around 97 mph.
when the car was bone stock you felt the cutoff at 4800 rpm but now with the cold air and opened up exhaust with the free mods it'll pull low 5000 rpm now i'm sure.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom