Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Best car cover for outdoor use?

tcxd40

Corvette
(2) Black '93s, purple '81, '69 vintage racer
Well it's that time of year in the East, the dreaded four letter word, SNOW it's coming....

Garage is full of my toys, wife's vette gets to stay outside:boogie, anyone suggest a good car cover for the outdoor winter weather?

tcxd40

Years ago I had a tan waffle looking material cover.
It was supposed to be the best of the day.... not.
It UV'd in about a year - it turned to dust!
They still make something similar and they swear that this doesnt happen.
Stay with the smooth silvery ones.

Try California car covers. They have one that is warrentied for five years and its not to expensive. I bought one this spring. Have yet to see what happens this winter here in Sodak.:upthumbs

I hear winters are bad in the Dakotas if the covers work for you they should be good out here in the East.

We are due for our first SNOW tonite.:puke

Do you have your Vette covered???

Years ago I had a tan waffle looking material cover.
It was supposed to be the best of the day.... not.
It UV'd in about a year - it turned to dust!
They still make something similar and they swear that this doesnt happen.
Stay with the smooth silvery ones.

Take a look at this cover.... $150 and comes with a lifetime warranty.

C4 Car Cover

I checked the link, the C4 covers looks promising.

C4 Car Cover

JUST ORDERED THE STRATMOSPHERE CAR COVER.:thumb IT'S GOT TO BE BETTER THEN THE AWFUL ONE I BOUGHT LAST YEAR. UV RAYS GOT TO IT AND ATE IT UP AND STARTED TO FALL A PART. THAT'S THE WAFFLE TYPE COVER GOT FROM ECKLERS.:mad

As a person who used to work and make custom car covers (few years ago now). I wouldnt recomend them, reason being. No matter how well it fits, no matter how secure it will rub (wind etc). Take a nice soft polisher and run it in the same spot for 10 -15 minutes..... s rub spot will appear. Covers rub, and even the softest cover will rub spots over time. Of course if you have to have one. Go with a cover that fits as close to "skin tight" as possible. The covers that fit 84-95 are general fit, not good. Also look for a cover that is as soft as possible inside, the part that touchs the car. After that your installation is very important. TIGHT, and closed so wind does nto get under it. UV protection is important but I would reather spend money on a cover that wasnt going to damage my car then finding he cover in good shape in the spring and my car with rub spots. general a canvas that BREATHS is a good thing. Lay a piece of tent out on the grass in the fall and spring. Pick it up late at night or early in the morning.. dew/moist... not good to trap that under a car cover, instant rust on parts. Good luck

I ended up going with a waterproof breathable cover from Empire Car Covers I was going to go with cover king, but it looks like the same cover, but $100 bucks cheaper

C4 Car Cover

I BOUGHT THE STRATMOSPHERE COVER. JUST GOT IT. IT DOESN'T FEEL SOFT LIKE THE WOLF COVERS. WHAT TO DO? SHOULD I PUT IT ON OR SEND IT BACK? FEELS LIKE WHEN IT FREEZES IT MIGHT CRACK AND FALL APART. THE WOLF COVERS FALLS APART AND THE EASY TO TEAR. I TORE IT WHILE PUTTING IT ON ONE TIME. F*&K#$G WASTE OF MONEY!!:mad

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom