Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Corvette Restoration Shops In Usa

M

mbmdds

WHAT ARE THE BEST CORVETTE RESTORATIONS SHOPS IN THE USA, LIST, IN YOUR OPINION, #1-DOWN. THANKS, SEARCHING FOR THIS SHOP FOR MYSELF

I am holding out...

...for SSAuto Sports in Missouri. Steve is a member here and his website shows fabulous work!

I commented to hubby today that next year is our 10th anniversary, and also the Vette's 50th annniversary (78's 25th) and I would like to go to the National Corvette Museum with the 78....AND HE SAID...we'll have to do the interior!
Steve!
I think I may be sending you my 78! Will let you know when I get hubby confirmed about this! It may have just been the :beer talking, but I hope not!
Heidi

Silver, You can't possibly go to the museum with an ugly interior..........:D...........Steve

Steve's right. They would be talking for years about the SA with the ugly interior.

Tom

Check under Restoration Shops in the Portal . All of the big names are there except Nabar's in Houston. At least I can't find them.

I would call or visit shops to see how they operate. Look at what they have in progress and get a time table on how long it will be before they can get your car in. Also how many jobs are they doing at once and how long will it take to get your car done. Ask about hourly rates and parts and materials costs too. And above all else get references. Call the references and ask everything you can think of.

Many of the smaller shops can get your car in faster and get it done sooner too. Probably at a much more reasonable price. We have followed the progress of a couple cars through SS Autosport in MO here in the forums. Steve does some nice work. Talk to Steve about your project and what you want.

I have seen Nabar's restorations too and they are magnificent. I'm sure the cost was too. I would have a hard time spending upwards of 80 Gs on a resto at a big name shop. I've heard this figure a few times. I would like to have my car close enough that I could visit it several time during the resto.

Good luck on the shop search and tell us what you decide.

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom